Aa
A
A
Close
Blood on food
I posted a similar question on the HIV forum and they said that eating food that may have blood on it is not risk for HIV, but I am wondering about hep c. If someone making my food or serving my food had got blood on it and I ate it, is there a chance of me catching hep c? I should mention I often bite my cheeks and have chapped lips. I know the CDC say its not a food borne illness, but what if there is blood on the food. I also have a family member with hep c, so I am concerned. Thank you for your time.
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
  No, this is not a risk factor.  The reason I.V. drug users get it so easily, is because they are taking a little bit of the virus, and using a syringe to inject it directly into the vein.  

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you for your quick response, that is how my family member got hep c, through IV drug use. So even if I have sore in my mouth or my lips or cheeks are bleeding from biting them, there isn't a chance of me getting hep c from eating food that may have some blood infected with hep c?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
163305_tn?1333672171
I see you posted on the OCD forum. I think you should focus on getting help for OCD because that is your problem.

Good luck.
Comment
Cancel
163305_tn?1333672171
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Yes, I did post in the OCD forum and I just started taking Zoloft on Wednesday. But I am truly concerned about this because I do have a family member who has hep c. I would just like to know if this is a risk factor. Thank you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
  No, the risk factors in house-hold contagion are
as follows:  dont share tooth-brush, razor or nail-clippers.
   I get OCD thoughts like this also, becuz I have family member with Hep C also, but I just put the OCD thoughts out of my mind. Seeking reassurance about it rly doesn't help, but I have also done it myself, so I feel for you :/
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Blood on food
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
406584_tn?1399591666
Blank
10356 commented on Jade59's status
20 hrs ago
1415174_tn?1453246703
Blank