Hepatitis C Community
Blood tests results

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Blood tests results

I got the report from my husbands blood tests from the 3rd of September and was wondering if you all could give me some pointers. To refresh his ALT and AST were in the 1800-2000 range at the end of June of this year.On July first they went down to these results;BILT 2.1 range is 0.0-1.0 mg/dL,SGOT 110 range is 0-37 U/L,SGPT 487 range is 0-41 mg/dL, and ALK 341 range is 53-128 U/L.For Sept.3rd they are; Alkaline Phosphate 147 range is 20-125 U/L,AST 118 range is 2-50 U/L,and ALT 277 range is 2-60 U/L. We are currently awaiting results from the 12th of this month to come back.Is it a good sign that these numbers are coming down? We don't want to get our hopes up thinking the ones we are waiting on will be better, but hope is all we have right now. He's abdomen is also filling with fluids but I guess not a serious enough rate cause the doc schedule an ultrasound for the middle of Oct. Also, can stress cause an increase in these numbers? We have had alot of stressor's lately(as if having hep c isn't enough stress).I have been keeping a journal myself to as my husbands mood swings and have found they occur more often and with more angerness. He's not in treatment yet. Awaiting evaluation to make sure his mind is stable enough to endure the sides of tx. Is it possible to become more moody as hep c progresses? Always been a great dad to our girls but although he can't play physically he has become attached more emotionally and spiritually. I swear they complete each others sentences and read each others mind.Thank you and god bless
                             stacy