Hepatitis C Community
Blue Green Algae Facts

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Blue Green Algae Facts

http://heavyrocker.stemtechbiz.com/FAQ_sub.aspx

2. What is the Stem Cell Theory of Renewal?

The Stem Cell Theory of Renewal proposes that stem cells are naturally released by the bone marrow and travel via the bloodstream toward tissues to promote the body’s natural process of renewal. When an organ is subjected to a process that requires renewal, such as the natural aging process, this organ releases compounds that trigger the release of stem cells from the bone marrow. The organ also releases compounds that attracts stem cells to this organ. The released stem cells then follow the concentration gradient of these compounds and leave the blood circulation to migrate to the organ where they proliferate and differentiate into cells of this organ, supporting the natural process of renewal

I find this highly interesting.

To those who are knowledgeable about these things my question is:

1. If an increased amount of stem cells were to be released from the bone marrow, and circulate the bloodstream, would that mean that one would have a higher level of whites, reds and platelets in our blood?

2. The therapy we are on, does it suppress the release or the actual manufacture of reds, whites and platelets??

Theoretically:

1. If tx suppresses the release, this stem cell releasing algae product would be great!
2. If tx suppresses the manufacture, one could end up with depletion of stem cells in the bone marrow... Not good if the bone marrow can't keep up with the production

I don't know, if my theories make sense... so please someone chime in.

Marcia
I

You should have called the post Stem Cell Renewal.... I think you would have gotten more hits.. :-)

Marcia
hate to play the devil's advocate here, but there are some opposing views of this product that need to be considered.
http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Stemtech/stemtech.html
http://bayblab.blogspot.com/2007/10/quack-of-week-christian-drapeaustem.html

In fact , I was very dubious when the first thing I noticed was that in their study they always tout, they only use 15 participants.  Hardly seems enough.

But ,  I still have not made up my mind about this product, it is very interesting and I may try it.

rockerforlife - would one bottle be enough to tell a difference or is this the kind of product that you have to go thru several bottles to see if it is working?

bandman
Dude, it's pond scum. It's green, it's slimey; it's from a pond. It's got frogs and turtles and tadpoles pooping in it.  I mean, what's that all about?  ;-)
The discussions on the baylab.... are very interesting. Lots of pros and cons.

Marcia
So if I hear you right, I can just lap the film off of any scanky pond and get the same wonderful effects? You know how much I love supplements?
Dude, you are talking to someone that shots a drug into his belly, made from what?
and takes pills that nobody really knows why they help the shot... they mutate a virus? Maybe,were not sure....huh? that sounds real good.

so whats a little pond scum?  

I'm open to anything.

ps - have any of you ever watched the ******** series on hbo... hilarious... check em out on youtube.
do a search for "penn and teller's ********" ... pretty eye opening.

bandman
what's the ********* and *******
stupid stars

Bullsh1t  is the word for both group of stars.

Actually, Grease is the word, but thats a whole nuther story.

have you ever seen the series?

bandman
Gauf, LOL yep!

rubberbandman - Yeah I took shots in the belly and ate toxic pills. And for all my trouble how was I repaid?  I'm now CURED, that's how I was repaid. Put that in your bullsh*t and smoke it! (that's what the "*****" is marcia)

PS> I took pond scum too several years ago...it didn't work!
Don't think so, hardly ever watch tv. We got one, but I hardly ever turn it on. I think it will most probably change on tx.

Maybe i should hide somewhere before getting trashed again.... night, I'm off
The effects of stem enhance are felt immediatley....within hours....thats from what ive seen with my own eyes....some health stores even sell samples...Marica...i want also to find out if its ok to take while on tx...right now ive been taking this stuff for for over a year....im gonna contact the makers of this stem enhance ans see what they say about the reaction to the tx drugs.... there is no known conflictions with other drugs...there is vit K in stem enhance so someone on heavy duty blood thinners should be careful...you will get some people saying bad things about everything...the very same people who prberly smoke  and do street drugs and eat are fat as pig.
Please let me know what they say...

Marcia
Is it a scientific breakthrough, or stem cell scam? A Malibu doctor claims to be saving lives with a treatment the FDA says is illegal in the United States.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local&id=5283114

Consumption of blue-green algae, or extracts thereof, enhances trafficking or homing of stem cells in animals by inducing a transient increase in the population of stem cells present in the animal's circulatory system. The animal may be healthy or suffering some disease or physiological condition.

http://www.pharmcast.com/Patents100/Yr2004/Nov2004/110904/6814961_StemCell110904.htm
Peterson et al. (Science 284:1168-70, 1999) also have shown that liver cells can arise from stem cells. Thus, stem cells may be of use in treating a variety of pathologies of the liver, including, but not limited to cirrhosis.
drygauf,

ease up dude!

Hopefully the shots and riba will work for me as well.

marcia - you watch bullsh!t on you tube.

check it out.

bandman