Boost or suppress autoimmune hepatitis
I have autoimmune hepatitis and I am confused about boosting or suppressing my immune system. Since prednisone suppress' the immune system it seems logical to me that I should eat foods and take vitamins that suppress the immune system. However; I was advised by a doctor that my reasoning and logic were great but wrong!  Since I was only allowed ten minutes I didn't have the opportunity to ask more questions.

Does anyone have information on boosting vs suppressing the immune system?
Thanks!
I also have AIH.  I am presently only on Imuran an immunosuppressant drug.  I have wondered about that, to boost or not to boost, I personaly feel my overactive immune system is what got me in trouble in the first place. I have been on treatment for 1 year, my LFT's are in the normal range and I'm feeling good.  So I am not going to take anything that might give me a flare up. My dr reccomended I take a multi-vitamin and 400IU vitamin E.  I also have oesto arthritis and oestopenia, so I take Calcuim+D and glucosamine chondroition and fosamax.  I think these two came along with the AIH.

There is a very good site that is all AIH it is AutoImmuneHepatitis.co.uk.  Check out that forum, I'm sure someone there will be able to answer your questions.

If I can help you just let me know.
M
We are a hep c forum so you may not get much response here. There have been a couple here with this and hopefully they will see you post. We are slower on the weekend so be patient. I would suggest you bring a list of questions to you doctors appt and if he does not answer them I would find a another doc who will work with you. It is your health and you need to know certain info to make decision about your life. You need to take charge. LL
I hope it's ok to add onto this post. I am wondering if any of you that have thyroid problems here have also experienced menopause or perimenopause. Is there some kind of clear difference so that I could tell for sure if what I am experiencing is one ot the other. I don't think it is perimenopause but I don't want to be narrowminded about my problems. Are the sweats different is my biggest question? Do you experience heart palps, insomnia and or the other symptoms of thyroid? Any experiences on this would be helpful. LL
I thought I was having thyroid issues but all my tests came back fine.  Dr. told me I am experiencing perimenopause.  Seems to me the sx are about the same and therefore were hard to help determine what I was experiencing.  hope that helps.
i've wondered the same thing-so much so i bought one of those home tests from the drug store-was supposed to detect hormonal changes-didn't show anything so i didn't ask for the blood test at last endo visit-i'll be interested to see what other responses you get to this question
I'm wodering how often you have sweats? Is it every few minutes or hours? I appreciate your responses. LL