Brain Fog
Hi all
Got my appointment with Consultant on the 21st. Can't wait at least I will find out what geno type I am. My doctor has told me that brain fog is not related to Hep C. I don't think he is right as I only got it after my liver blood test were getting higher. Can anyone help me on this.
Regards to all  Val
Your doc is wrong. The virsus itself causes lack of sleep and fevers which lead to exaustion/disorientation which starts a downward cycle. You can't have millions of copies of a virus in every teaspoon of blood without it effecting all your major systems..
As the disease advances the bowel and liver function suffer and ammonia build up causes more brain fog.
HCV also effect pituitary function which effects cell repair, REm sleep, and memory function as well as effecting several other glands.

THe SOC itself can lead to thyroid dysfunction which also contributes then to more brain  fog. And of course all the helper drugs while on tx, such as tranqs, SSRI, sleep aides etc, while needful can also contribute to, you guess it, more brain fog.

Have your thyroid checked regularly, and ask for an IGF-1 test to see if your pituitary is working. A lot of HCV people have very low function there, and it does effect your mind.

mb
Thanks for that. I have had my thyroid checked and it's fine. Can you tell me if I need to wait to see the consultant to find out what genotype I have or would it be in the blood test I did for Hep C so my Doc. can tell me?
They probably did a genotype and viral load when you had your initial blood work.  Given the fact that your doctor ordered a liver biopsy it makes sense he would have that information.  Ordering a liver biopsy without knowing if you have active hepc would be putting the cart before the horse.  Wouldn't hurt to give them a call.  Genotype will determine the length of treatment and liver biopsy will indicate whether treatment is necessary now or if you have time to wait.  
Trinity