Hepatitis C Community
CONSTANT DIARRHEA AND STOMACH ISSUES

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

CONSTANT DIARRHEA AND STOMACH ISSUES

By any chance constant diarrhea or stomach problems are symptoms of having HCV in the body?

only way to know for shure is to have a liver panel blood test, I found out from elivated liver enzymes when i had a fasting lipids test done a few years ago. In case you don't know what that is it is a blood test. If you fear Hepatitis go have one done it can possibly help you from having to do a prolonged tx.
Are you on TX yet? Treatment can cause it. But not sure HCV in itself causes it. Could be IBS or spastic colon (SP?) Just a thought. Take care, Debi

I know HCV can cause it for sure but i was wondering if somebody has constant diarrhea for a long time, could that be one of the symptoms of having HCV.

hi ameer,
i have hep and have the complete opposite,,,constipation.
the diarhea (diarrhea) (sp/) might be from worrying about things, that has happened to me at times,,,,i don't know why i don't have diahrea now...its not exactly like i'm calm and sitting in a lotus position all day.
I have hep c and b. my hep c load is now clear. the genome was type 1.

I have frequent diarrhea which is most of the time. every 20 minutes. It was nothing to do with my state of mind. It starts as soon as I wake up.

One DR. told me it was my body expelling billirubin (which is high).
It can last for three weeks running, every 20 minutes.

The thing is except for the one DR, (who is not available) none of my doctors are interested in discussing it with me. Which tells me they haven't got a clue.

off treatment for 1yr. the last week have diarrehea. the last two dr. appointments they ask. if i have had any diarrhea? what could this be?
i been having diarreah (diarrhea) for a long time but a few months back i found out i developed hep c i dont know if this is the reason for the diarreah (diarrhea) but lately i been losing weight n i keep talking all the over the counter medicine and it dont work to long im back at i it i dont want to keep losing weight n i never even started treatment yet someone please help me
This is an old post. It'd be better if you start a new one.
Diarreah (diarrhea) can come from many different causes, but hep C is not one of them.
You should talk to your doctor.
We are just people affected by the hep C virus.
Good luck.