Can You Get Hep C From Sex
Is it possible to get Hep C through unprotected sex?  Also, do your chances increase if you have HSV2?
Could someone please respond.
My understanding is that it is possible to get HCV from sex....but with that said my husband and I have been together for 11 years and are very actively and he does not have it...was just tested and that was great news for us. I have read people that have been married for 28 years and did not pass it to their spouse. I don't know what HSV2 is? I have read that if you have multiple partners that you should use protection but that would be the case no matter what.

Hope this helps.  My husband and I are not changing anything we are doing....
Thank you for the info.  HSV2 is genital herpes.  Could I ask how you got HCV and how did you find out?  Don't mean to pry...just worried and would like some insight.
Sexual transmission of Hepatitis C is generally thought to be very low, especially for heterosexual monogamous couples who do not engage in rough or bloody sex and do not have open sores (including those caused by genital herpes). There are many married couples here where one partner has had HCV for 30 years or more, and yet the infected partner has not transmitted the virus to their partner - without practicing safe sex or even knowing they had HCV during most of that time. There are also studies that show that heterosexual sexual transmission is very rare.

But with all of that said, it is possible to transmit HCV sexually. It does happen. As stated, rough sex that involves blood or sores or multiple partners enhances the risk of transmission. If you are involved with someone that has HCV or if you have HCV, both of you should sit down and communicate with one another about the potential risks. Using condoms and not having sex during the woman's period reduces the risk of transmission to a pretty manageable level. Also, if you or the other person has herpes you should avoid sex when you have open sores. If you or your partner haven't been tested for hepatitis B (HBV), you should also be tested for that. HBV *is* sexually transmitted, and if someone with HCV catches HBV it can be lethal. There is a vaccination you can get for HBV that can protect you and your partner from getting HBV from one another or from anyone else in the future. Also get a hep A (HAV) vaccination while you're at it, because again if someone with HCV gets HAV, it can cause a life threatening illness. HAV is contracted by eating comntaminated food and is easily preventable with the vaccine.

That's the basic rundown, hope this helps some.
Thank you for the info.  I just found out that I have genital herpes.  I am married and have been with him for 15 years.  But had an affair just recently.  The stress was unbearable and I started to feel strange so I went to my OBGYN and he ran a battery of tests on me including herpes, hep b, hiv, etc.  All came back negative except for the herpes.  I never had any external sores so when I was diagnosed with HSV2, I was in shock!  Thank being said, I have 2 children and have been at my wits end since being diagnosed.  I asked my OBGYN if I needed to get bloodwork for Hep C and he said no.  I asked why and he said that if I had it I would know it because I'd be really sick.  So I was not tested.  All this happened   Feb.'08.  After that I started doing research on all STDS window periods, etc.  I am concerned about Hep C because I've read that people don't really know they have it.  So I am going to get tested and am petrified.  That is why I wanted to get some feedback before I go to test.  
It's a good idea in general for everyone to be tested for HCV. A surprisingly high number of people have it in the general population and most don't even know they have it. I contracted HCV back in 1983 before it had been identified by medical science (that would come in the late 80's). I didn't find out I had until many years afterwards. Many people's stories with HCV are just like mine, and many do not have any of the obvious risk factors (namely pre-1990 blood transfusions or former IV drug use).

But as far as you are concerned, based on what you say it sounds like it is unlikely that you were exposed to HCV. Statistically speaking the man you were with probably did not have it, and even if he did the risk of transmission during a fairly brief, short lived heterosexual encounter is very low (assuming no blood to blood contact). But again, it is a good idea to be tested just for general purposes, and not to mention for peace of mind.

Good luck to you.
You asked how I got HCV, I really don't know, I did do drugs when I was in my teens but did not shot up.... I did have alot of unprotected sex in those days... who knows how I got it. But I have learned from this site is it really does not matter how you got it more of just do what you can do to get rid of it.  I just found out 3 weeks ago and it has been a rollercoaster ride ever since. I have a big trip to Italy planned that I have looked forward to, we are going to wine country and spending a week. I did want to say that where the Herpes is concerned it is possible that you have had herpes for many years and have never had a outbreak.... it sounds like you are being really hard on yourself... get tested so you can have some peace of mind..
Your kind words mean very much to me, thank you.  I have another question, if you have kids, did they get tested?  If so, how did that turn out?  I'm wondering because if I do have this, my children and husband all need to test and wanted to have further info.  I went for my test today and will know tomorrow.  I pray that it is negative.  Thank you.
Just an update, just received my results and negative on both Hep B & Hep C.  Thank God.  I want to thank you all for the support and advice you have give me.  God Bless you all.  

Debbie223 have a wonderful time in Italy!