Hepatitis C Community
Can someone explain the saturated fat with Riba connection?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Am I supposed to  take my  Riba with a handful of cashews or walnuts? I've seen references to that on this board, but no such instructions from my Dr. or pharmacy.
Thank  you.
Nelon
I believe someone once posted it's mention in the literature for copegasis..I haven't found reference in my ribavirin literature though.
http://www.rocheusa.com/products/copegus/pi.pdf
Thank you-I read the pdf, but it says each pill is marked RIB 200 on one side and Roche on the other-my pills have 93 on one side and 7232 on the other. What gives?
don't know how to copy and paste from prf onto this forum, but it is on page 2 of the above link..later pro
Food effect: The bioavailability of a single oral 600 mg dose Copegus was increased by coadministration of a high fat meal. The ribavirin exposure parameters of AUC(0-192h) and Cmax increased by 42 % and 66 %, respectively, when Copegus was taken with a high fat breakfast compared to being taken in the fasted state. In order to achieve optimal ribavirin plasma concentrations, it is recommended to take ribavirin with food.
In addition it helps to avoid gastrointestinal side effects compared to being taken in the fasted state.

you probably got the generic brand.