Hepatitis C Community
Can you get Hep C this way?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Can you get Hep C this way?

Today I was with a Gastroenterologist who made a colonoscopy to an Hep C patient; well, when the doctor pulled out the endoscope, one drop of water that came from the endoscope, and without visible blood, reached my lips, but Im very worried if this is a way of transmission. Please help me, because Im a lot worried.

Sorry for my english, Im from Spain. Thanks.
Your English is fine.
I take it you work in the gastro's office therby being in the same room as the patient (that you know has HCV?) when he/she is having the procedure and being so close that the doctor gets the scope near your lips and  it drips on you??

Hopfully they have protocols in place to do testing for various diseases when things like this happen.

Will
No risk from what you describe.

Being in the medical field you should know that HCV is transmitted by "blood to blood" contact.

It is a shame it takes an accident like this for someone in the medical field to find out about HCV transmission.

Anyway you should be fine.

Best of luck

Please either consult the OCD/anxiety forums or stop taking up space from people who truly have problems with this serious virus and the side effects of it's treatment.

This is not the place to play games !