Hepatitis C Community
Can you please recommend a good AD for Tx!

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

My doctor, bless his heart...has picked lexapro and the generic form...then zoloft. Which is a cy24? well it's a number the pharmacist knows that will interact with tx drugs, so my pharmacist is currently researching what to give me for anxiety, / panic attacks that I am hoping to get a handle on, I am in my 7th week of therapy and I am very frustrated with my doctor. These panic attacks and feelings of hopelessness / come several times a day like a tsunami coming at me, I can see it and feel it but can't get away from it. Thanks for any suggestions
Aprazalam, aka: xanax for anxiety=panic attacks.  Oh and if the Zoloft don't work you can try Celexa aka: Citalopram.  Of course you gotta check with your doctor but that's the stuff I tried.  Good luck!!
Antidepressants affect different people differently. I am currently taking effexor which is effective most of the time. I have a few bad days from time time.

You have a lot of good coping skills to not be mowed down by the emotional tsunamis you're experiencing. Hang in there but keep after your doc to get you on something that works. Whenever my doc puts me on a new AD, he gives me a free 30 day trial so we can figure out if the new drug will work for me.  Maybe your doc can come up with a 30 day supply so you can try a new drug and not have to pay for a prescription.

Good luck, Sherry
Hey, thanks for the input, looks like the pharmacist is recommending Prozac, Wow, now that's an old Dino of AD's. Hope it works!
That happen to me when I came off the incivek. I think the riba reaches therapeutic levels and was causing the same for me. My doctor lowered my riba but it was after the 12 weeks of incivek and he's going to check my thyroid, but I feel better after the 200 mg reduction. I feel like a new person. I think for me it was a reaction to the riba. Consult you doctor, if he's good he'll be able to help you. Mine didn't want me on the anti anxiety pill I had to take to calm me down. He said it was to addicting, Klonopin, but nothing else would calm me down. I'm fine now. Good luck I hope you find what works for you.
Thanks Sherry for the feedback and words on inspiration. We are so lucky to have this support group, I just wish I could feel a real hug, hope I make it! Hang on for the ride! Hugs, Carolyn
Lexapro aka Escitalopram is one.  There is no generic for it.  The reason it is coming up on the pharmacists list is because of the PI.   On the list of Drug interactions with Incivek combination therapy it shows up for " Potential for Loss of concomitant medication activity"   Thus meaning the lexapro could loss potential loss of working.    However, everybody is different.   And until you try it, you wont know.      I am currently on the medication for severe depression & Panic & Anxiety Disorder.   Have been for 10 years.   When I started taking the medication , I took it in baby doses, because my system is so medication intolerant.    Also,  I take Ativan,  AKA  Lorazapam for  Panic and Anxiety attacks.   1mg X3 a day.    Both of these medications are filtered through the Kidneys.  My Psychiatrist  was very careful about picking these meds for me due the HCV .           Celexa, AKA is Citolapram, is a sister AD to Lexapro.   It doesnt have the Anxiety agent in the drug and may make you more anxious.    I am not a doctor, just a patient like you going through triple TX with Inc.    Have suffered with depression and anx for 10 years.   And I can write a book on panic attacks.  I hope this helps a little.    Hugs girl !  Carrie
Lexapro, / citalopram is what I got last night, made me sick, could not lay down so i attempted to sleep in a chair. Today I did felt the anxiety even more! I felt again like i was gonna hurl all night too. I am on anti nausea meds already! They are putting me on Prozac tomorrow, I don't think that comes with the sleepy sx. ? I have to investigate further.
I have never been one to take meds! now we have to take meds that have side effects for your side effects.(It's like lookin in to infinity)
Its nice to know we are all going crazy together!
Thanks for the feedback Carrie and good luck on your journey!
Oh, and what really gets me happy...NOT, is the pharmacist is going to call my doc to tell him what to write me. My doc is a gastronomic guy, not a liver specialist, oooops, my bad, so I am having to rely on my neighbor hood pharmacist, you know, I feel like he really cares about me so I believe I just may live through this without some kind of drug mix up, sorry, just venting. Hugs, Carolyn
Lexapro and citolapram are not the same.    
Lexapro = Escitolapram  has agent for anxiety/ filters through Kidneys
Celexa = citolapram   No agent for anxiety / filters through Liver

Sorry, but I just had to make you aware of this one more time.  I know all these pharmaceutics can make you crazy trying to figure them out.   However, good luck on the Prozac, I hope it works for you and the anxiety and depression goes away.   Stay tough !  Slay that Dragon !    Carrie

Sorry, I was not clear on my drugs I was prescribed two different ad's...neither were good, one made me sick and one was contraindicated with incivek, sorry bout that!