Hepatitis C Community
Chronic Hep C genotype1b

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Chronic Hep C genotype1b

Here is one for the masses.  In 2005 I was diagnosised with Chronic Hep C Genotype 1b.  The hardest type to treat.  I was taking Klonopin from 2003 up to 3 weeks before a positive test results of Hep C Chronic genotyp 1b.  I was hospitalized with liver elevated  in the 400.  The doc were not sure what was causing the elevated liver enzyme, but highly suspected the Klonopin.  I was tested for several months following my 6 day stay in hospital.  4 of the 5 mnths of blood test show negative for Hep C antibody, as well Hep B antibody.  Liver enzymes were at this time only slightly elevated since tapering the Klonopin.  The 5th month tested again.  Was negative for Hep B, but positive for Hep C antibody.  Had mild stage 1 fibrosis, and I attribute that to the Klonopin.  There I was told that I had chronic Hep C genotype 1, and that the treatment had a small chance of clearence of the virus.  So for 3 years I lived my life as if I had Hep C.  Treatment was considered, but I was told by doc that with the mild fibrosis, that I could put it off.  I had other health issues I was treating prior to the Hep C diagnosis.  I was taking Klonopin for RLS, have Fibromyalgi (fibromyalgia), and IC (bladder hardening, frequent bathroom trips).  So for the 3 years of a Hep C positive life it was hard to treat the other health issues.  I started to treat the bladder issues with only 2 of the 4 meds since the others were live toxic.  I started this a year ago.  I have never had a abnormal liver blood test since the test before the test that diagnosed the Hep C.  Well at the end of last year because of insurance reason I changed docs.  I had liver blood work done, and he said that it was normal, if not better then his, and the meds I am on are not effecting the liver, but should be slight elevation.  This is the story for most of the current year.  Last month or before I made the decision to start treatment.  As protocol I had liver biopsy done.  At the next appointment, doc came into the room and joyously tossed the file on my lap to the liver biopsy results.  There was no scarring, no fibrosis.  I educated my self about Hep C for the 3 years I was suspect to having it, and this news as good as it was made me think.  I then heard my doc say based on the 2005 liver biopsy, then his whole personality changed, and he said remarkable.  At that point I requested a Hep C test, and he agreed.  
I AM A SMOKER, OF TWO TYPES OF SMOKE, DO NOT HAVE TO WORRIE WHAT i EAT SINCE STAY AT DESIRED WEIGHT. AND NEVER DRANK ANY JUICE.  GET THIS I was negative for the virus, HAD NO VIRUS TO EVEN GENOTYPE.  I asked alot of questions, and there is no evidence to support clearence of Chronic Hep C genotype 1.  Once you are genotyped that is it.  As I did request my medical records, come to find out the date the Hep C was diagnosed the lab noted on a lab result page "We received a lavender tube on 9-27-05 with out orders, please call the lab resolution center to make sure the tube is still viable to test.  I am not sure how many people that were seeing the same doc I was seeing for Hep C, and had blood test on the same date, but there was a mistake.....  The lab test should a test that was said to have been done on 6-13-05 on me that was not done on that date.  I have anemia, and the blood test for Iron was flaged and said that the result were very different then past test,it was higher then any past test.  Then my question is. 1. Can Chronic Hep C genotype1b go away on its own?  2. The positive Hep C was for the antibody, and above it another note said due to passive transfer of HBS Antibody, what does this mean????  I have all negative test for Hep C antibody, and Hep B antibody.  Even on the test results of the same that said transfers of HBs Antibody the test was negative.  I am completely lost can some one help we answer these questions PLEASE.  I would really like to know about the note due to passive transfer od HBs Antibody above the positive Hep C antibody.  Further the doc notes on the test the date viewed  that he wanted them to test Hep C Qualitative  and call me for an appointment, and that means to me if I am not wrong, that this tainted blood sample which I do not think was even mine, was tested further?????  Was this a possible mistake by the lab???  My doc had said it could have been a lab error, and it seems I found an error with the labs done that ultimately diagnosised me.  HELP PLEASE ASAP
It sounds to me that they mixed up your blood and someone else is going around with a negative result.

What a bummer, that you had to go through that!... but fortunately you don't have it after all.

Marcia
"We received a lavender tube on 9-27-05 with out orders"

Blood is collected in a lavender tube (which contains heparin) to check a CBC....meaning red cells, white cells, hemoglobin, hematocrit and platelets.  

So that throws off your conspiracy theory.....I mean... your lab error theory.