Hepatitis C Community
Cocaine Use

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Cocaine Use

Hey, I have been doing 3.5 g of cocaine or more per day for 3 weeks now. I had 50 gs.
Now i am using it in water as a nasal spray, so i dont get to high but maintain that high.

It started when I lost my job, the next day my Gf broke up with me. I am in A.A. i have been sober for 2 1/2 yrs.

I need to stop...Please help if any info
You must be very wealthy and the cocaine must be very weak to be able to take 3.5 grams a day. This sounds very dangerous to be honest. People do have heart attacks and strokes from coke as you are probably aware.

I am really sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope you get some help quickly before you seriously hurt yourself.

This is the hep c community though, I think there is a medhelp community for narcotic addiction though.

Take care of yourself. Things may seem really bad now, but that doesn't mean that they won't improve. Have you been to your aa group since you started using again? Do you have a sponsor?

- Dave
You are in a hepatitis C forum, I think you want to go to the addiction forum.

If you keep using like that you are going to be broke unless you are dealing then you might end up in prison.  Cocaine is not physicaly addictive but mentally.  So I say, just quit.  Good Luck
    I lost my Job and my Girl Friend Broke up with me. I think I will blow all my money on Coke. Wise Choice.
Wrong Forum but I recommend a Nasal Dam.
Here is the link if you haven't found it already.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Addiction-Substance-Abuse/show/77
with all due respect sober in AA by definition also means no mind altering drugs. you are not being honest with yourself. get a sponsor today, ideally a cross addicted and long term sober one. you need help. also try the appropriate forum. good luck, babs
Oh yea, don't be sharing your nasal spray or straw or you just might end up here in this fourm down the road.
3.5 g ? You're not even close to the record. Try harder.  People are such lightweights these days.  On the other hand, you may have the makings of a country & western song there.  Do you have a dog?
Wow, an 1/8 a day. That would be like snorting lines every 5 mins. The wonder why you are using nasal spray, your nose has to be raw.

On your way to the addiction forum stop at the ears nose & throat forum.

Best of luck
WHERE did u ever get that coke is not physically addictive?
'It started when I lost my job, the next day my Gf broke up with me. I am in A.A. i have been sober for 2 1/2 yrs. "

Sorry to say ,you haven"t been sober your since the last coke high. Hope you get some help,and if you are unfortunate enough to contract HCV,come on back!

Good Luck...WILL
personal experience.  It is not a physical addiction (unless they are putting something in there in the last 25 years)  It is a mental addiction, no withdrawl (withdrawal) just MENTAL cravings.  I only know from 25+ years ago.

An 8-ball is very doable in a day especially if one is smoking it.........been there done that right off the boat.
No it's not physically addictive like heroin or opiates but mentally it is. i have to admit after doing almost as much as you for many years and not realizing that I had hepc my liver was almost completely toasted when I found out I did.....there are other consequences you aren't thinking about aside from $$$$ and coming down.

You should get tested, definitely, as I got it from snorting it myself and you could easily have hepc too.
Same experience here, cocaine is not physically addictive. Strong cravings from stopping, but there is no physical withdrawal, you physically feel better when you stop.

Very different then being addicted to opiates and benzodiazepines and withdrawing. When you go through that there is no mistaking physical addiction vs cravings.

My experience from 30 years ago, only to be left with hcv the gift that keeps on giving like many of us.

I used to use alot of coke myself. I found that I could shoot alot more than I could snort because my nose wouldnt get clogged up.. The only problem is the tree people would start to screw with me, and the CIA kept chasing me and attempting to implant mind control devices.  Now that I have that years behind me, I am dealing with the consequences of drugs, and attempting to clear the disease that I got from my ignorance.  Thanks so much for sharing your consumption amounts and justification for doing so, It helps my HepC alot.
Snark you made me laugh so hard. Once my husband ran around the yard in his underwear for an hour trying to find my 'boyfriend' see he saw a rug (a small rug at that) hanging over the fence where I was airing it out and was convinced my 'boyfriend' was living in a tent.  Oh the good times, the good times.............................

Oh yeah plus the hepc and stage 3 liver damage how could we have gotten so lucky?
OMG  I am laughing my a$$ off.  I met up with a guy at bikeweek in Daytona that was hardcore and he had that parinoia.  I don't know if it was the methadone dilaudid or coke he was doing.  I about $hit when he went crawling around the campground with a gun that I didn't know he had.  Way too much for me
my mistake i sure felt like hell when i stopped after days so i guess it felt like my body craved more. too many years ago to recall. thanks for the clarification. PT definately changing seats on the titantic and needs help. babs
Sure you felt bad......lack of sleep, lack of good food, brain racing in circles and really getting nothing done........I guess I was lucky, when it was gone it was gone, I wasn't one of those that would sell their soul for more.  Problem was, it was never gone LOL
About the time I quit using it, rumor was that they were cutting it with Baby Laxative. Rather it was true or not, I don’t know but I do know all I had to do was look at an 8 Ball and get the bubble guts.
In my day they called it "sprayin' the bowl" (bubble guts)
inosotil, baby laxative or anything that was close to cut it.  I get the bubble gut now when I see my first cup of coffee.
Yup Inositol hahahaha that was it for certain.  Haven't heard that word in years and years but some things you never forget.  

Hey this is the first OT that MH has left up here for us to at least have some fun with - thank you MH we are cracking each other up (funny how the thing that gave us/lots of us this disease can actually do that now).
O I did'nt know they still had cocaine on the market? I thought they sold crack, and ice and meth and what ever else is new.
You kids and your new fangled stuff! What did ever happen to that good ol' psychosis inducing powder? In my day you could stay on it for a month with no problems... These kids today with their pills and lime green glowing powders... Your dead in five minutes...  I guess there will be less drug addicts left to pass HCV to..
The only time I ever really hear about is when someone gets busted, Like some of the local cops
yes, thanks to mh for leaving the holiday levity. first good laugh in a week!
You guys are funny.  Believe it or not (isn't that a cheesy song?)   I have never done a drug except for a tiny bit of pot in college when the nuns were't looking.  Forgive me if I am laughing excessively at the "experiences."      XXXXOOOOO - wannabe Anne - well kinda

We have to be allowed to get goofy upon occasion, it is good for the soul.  Thank You MH
“ I get the bubble gut now when I see my first cup of coffee.”

Me to but I try to hold out so I can sit down, relax, and enjoy my first cup of coffee. What a way to start the day.
After almost 28 years of marriage, my wife still laughs at me doing that funny walk to the Bathroom with my coffee in hand. We call it “The Poop Scoot Boogie”
I have "pooper scoopers" stratigically placed around the outside, 6 German Shepherds ...scoopers are a must

Poop Scoot Boogie is a first but I bet it is a laugh every morning.
"We have to be allowed to get goofy upon occasion"

The line forms to the right. Please take a number from the nurse in the white latex.