Hepatitis C Community
Constant Gas

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Constant Gas

I have treated two times unsuccessfully.  Since the last treatment, I have been experiencing constant, excessive gas that bubbles up through my mouth.  It feels like the gas is trapped in my esophagus and is being released constantly through a hole in the esphagus. I have to make a gross burp every two or three minutes to release the gas.  I saw a general practitioner about it, but she referred me to a gastriontologist.  I haven't gone yet, and I am afraid I will be stuck with this ugly, gross habit of making this noise to release the gas.  It is very embarrassing in the presence of others.

What could be causing this?  Is it fixable?

This discussion is related to Hep c.
While waiting for your Dr. appt. I would eat lots of yogurt with active cultures and get a probiotic supplement like Culturelle which you can buy at Walmart in the stomach aid section.  There are other probiotics which are cheaper but the Hepatitis Researcher that comes to Med help sometimes says the Culturelle has lots of good research showing it to be effective.
i'm the same, maybe try yogurt?  or even over the counter antigas medication?
Sounds like acid reflux to me, it should be helped with a PPI medication and/or otc like maalox or something.  It really sounds gross the way you worded it, lol, but it's really very common with us heppers.  good luck