Hepatitis C Community
Contacting hepatitis-C in the military

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Contacting hepatitis-C in the military

After a three year battle with the Veterans Administration, and a lot of help from my private doctor. I finaly got he VA to admitt that it is highly possible that I aquired hepatitis-C while in the service.
While in boot camp, we were lined up (approx. 40 people) and were told to walk down a line. While doing this, we were getting innoculated in both arms, one after the other, with the use of one of those "air guns". There were people who had blood dripping from their arms but it made no difference. The kept shooting you and NEVER was the gun cleaned during this entire procedure. Makes you wonder how many other recruits obtained hep.-c this way. BTW. The military has placed a ban on the use of these guns. Not to mention using those old syringes made of glass and stainless steel, with a reusable needle that was sharpened from time to time. Boy did those needles hurt!