Hepatitis C Community
Cramping in hands and Legs at End Stage Liver Disease

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

hi - my husband is in the hospital (2A Status)  for the past 2 months waiting on a liver tx - Today he got  cramoping in his arms and hands so badly and it lasted hours - they had to give him demerol for the pain - is there ANYTHING else beside calcium they can give an end stage liver tx patient?  odd how muscle relaxers wouldnt work - but thjis is a BIG problem and can wear him down and make him weak - any info would be great;t appreciated - Also how can one find out list status movement weekly as his coordinator is most unhelpful  -
thanks again
karen and michael
First of all I am empathetic to your situation,  My husband is in end stage liver failure and has been cramping all day. Over the counter leg cramp pills: Hylands legcramp with Quinine work for him. I purchased these at walmart. Quinine was supposed to have been outlawed in the US according to one pharmacist, but like I said I found these at Walmart.  Yesterday the Dr. told us to try low sodium tonic water, I think it also has quinine in it. Braggs apple cider vinegar is also high in potassium, works for some people, has to be Braggs brand.
Hope he gets better soon!