Cramping in hands and Legs at End Stage Liver Disease
hi - my husband is in the hospital (2A Status)  for the past 2 months waiting on a liver tx - Today he got  cramoping in his arms and hands so badly and it lasted hours - they had to give him demerol for the pain - is there ANYTHING else beside calcium they can give an end stage liver tx patient?  odd how muscle relaxers wouldnt work - but thjis is a BIG problem and can wear him down and make him weak - any info would be great;t appreciated - Also how can one find out list status movement weekly as his coordinator is most unhelpful  -
thanks again
karen and michael
First of all I am empathetic to your situation,  My husband is in end stage liver failure and has been cramping all day. Over the counter leg cramp pills: Hylands legcramp with Quinine work for him. I purchased these at walmart. Quinine was supposed to have been outlawed in the US according to one pharmacist, but like I said I found these at Walmart.  Yesterday the Dr. told us to try low sodium tonic water, I think it also has quinine in it. Braggs apple cider vinegar is also high in potassium, works for some people, has to be Braggs brand.
Hope he gets better soon!