Hepatitis C Community
Cut myself shaving prior to oral and protected sex
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cut myself shaving prior to oral and protected sex

Hi there,

Hi there I have a question relating to all Hepatitis viruses and would like some of the forums experts to advise me please...

I had a possible exposure about 3 months ago I cut myself penis shaving with a razor a few times near to the base of my penis, each slice was about 1 mm by 3mm, I bled for like a few seconds then stopped when I patted down with tissue paper etc., about 15 to 30 minutes later I had un protected oral sex with a csw and also had protected intercourse, however the condom didn't cover the whole of my penis so the cuts were not covered by the condom, after i was worried and asked her abut her history she said she's negative for all sti's she shouldn't have any reason to lie but can't help but feel un easy / have doubts in the back of my mind.

I've posted in the HIV forum in relation to the above for HIV risks and they have said I had no risk as the cuts would of already been healing from the inside out and are minor skin nicks and impossible for HIV infection to get in that way as no cases have ever been confirmed by those means, now my question for this particular forum is can hepatitus (hepatitis) be transmitted by the encounters I had above?

I have had a an sti check up 12 weeks ago and tested negative for everything including HIV but I don't think they tested for hepatitis as they said it could take longer to show up, I'm going back this week for my 12 week HIV test and would like opinions of getting tested for hepatitis also.

Thanks for your time.

John
Related Discussions
24 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
96938_tn?1189803458
"she said she's negative for all sti's"

That's good enough for me.  Relax.
Blank

Hopfully she will be fine,however if you have never been tested fot HCV,you may want to contact  her to suggest getting tested.
Blank
couple things, please explain what "unprotected oral sex " exactly means? Didn't know there was protected oral. Unless you are talking about tounge condoms, or siran wrap?

I don't think HCV is a true std. You have to specifically ask for that test. You can test after 3 months.
Blank
92903_tn?1309908311
"she said she's negative for all sti's"

Good thing. There's something just not right about a hooker drivin' away in a Caddy.

" however the condom didn't cover the whole of my penis"

I feel your pain Brother, I feel you pain. It ain't easy being us.
Blank
408795_tn?1324939275
You may want to check out the P-diddy size of condoms, just a thought. >)  Since you recently had some blood tests done you may want to wait a couple or three months to be tested again.  That said, as someone before me mentioned, HepC is not considered a sexually transmitted disease /STD.  If you find yourself with the working ladies again it may be best to wear two condoms for double safety.  Also, I didn't really understand the shaving incident at all.  I shave my face regularly but I don't go any lower than my neck.  I guess I'm just old fashioned that way.  good luck
Blank
thanks for the reply un i received un protected oral without use of condom on my man hood which means un protected oral as opossed to oral with a condom on.
Blank
thanks for the reply un i received un protected oral without use of condom on my man hood which means un protected oral as opossed to oral with a condom on.
Blank
92903_tn?1309908311
"P-diddy size of condoms"

Or go with the G-daddy line. Padded condoms with underwire support to give you that sack cleavage you've been missing for oh so long.  
Blank
179856_tn?1333550962
Either that or stop shaving your hoohah area before you go out and have sex with a pro.  I'm sure they dont care if it's shaved or not, it's not like a date or something...... ;)
Blank
96938_tn?1189803458
I'm still wondering about the man-scaping, Like a toy poodle?
Blank
You floridians are such trend setters--" man-scaping"
I'm guessing you mean like topiary?
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSR-7wXVOLAC_Na2dgXROMmL-d-Vz_MURyi88Z9gL2cxqHnagHUw
Blank
96938_tn?1189803458

That's probably closer to johndoe's intended handiwork.  I'm also reminded of the Disney topiaries - mouse ears
Blank
1280753_tn?1367761532
I usually get a lovely perm, as i don't like to bring a razor that close to the package....just a tip.
Blank
92903_tn?1309908311
Y'all outta go see Pearl when you need to tidy up your junk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZluTCk2Qwc&feature=related

Blank
179856_tn?1333550962
Maybe instead of shaving you can get a brazilian wax - that would be less dangerous.
Fabio used to do our Real Men Wax campaign.......you can pretend you are him!
Blank
707563_tn?1395081210
Let's get back on topic, please.

And just a note - using 2 condoms is actually risky as one condom can pull the other off.

Emily
Blank
96938_tn?1189803458
That's a good point.  Give yourself another star.
Blank
so no one with any real advice then to a serious question cool
Blank

You got some great advice   use brazilian wax,   or get a perm    or shave before you go ( the  worker doesn"t really care anyway) get the g-diddy line or the p- diddy line condom  or the best advice of all
"using 2 condoms is actually risky as one condom can pull the other off. " By our moderator

Sounds like you should be all good to go.....and    maybe ........  get tested.

Blank
1491755_tn?1333204962
I fo for sure.  If you saw blood from here yes major risk.  If it were me I'd definetly do a HCV test and a full STD panel.  Pretty common sense stuff, for someone who got a hooker and was bleeding.  She might want to get tested too as you were bleeding.
Blank
1491755_tn?1333204962
I do*
Blank
154668_tn?1290119595
Emily, I have to ask, how do you know this?
Blank
179856_tn?1333550962
Yes in any event you might have hepc and not have known it and given it to her as you were the one bleeding and it is more typical for it to go from a man to a woman than the other way around.

either way its a good lesson learned I learned alot today :)

Blank
92903_tn?1309908311
Interesting how getting the condom pulled off would increase exposure, while getting something else pulled off would have eliminated it altogether. It's a curious and wonderful world we live in.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank