Hepatitis C Community
Dark urine late on tx?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Dark urine late on tx?

Hi there
I'm on week 19/24. Geno 2 RVR at week 2 with a starting VL of 2,800.000.
No pain in URQ, no pain in wrist, clear thinking (no brain fog)although the IFN still shows up and it seems I'm still UND after week 12. I lowered my RIBA to 400mg for a week because I couldn't stand the hives and rash.
I just got scheduled an EOT PCR. :-( They've done 4 PCR on me & they said I don't need more just yet.
But in the early mornings the urine is almost tealike..
Should I worry about it?
Or it just normal dehydration???
Has that happpened to anyone else

regards
scuba
Yes, drink more water and less coffee.  At least for me, I'd be fine until that morning coffee and later in the day after more water intake color would lighten up again.  If I'm not mistaken, it's a build up from retaining over evening and the more you go the lighter it should get as you flush your system.
Dark yellow or a light brown? If it is a yellow shade, are you drinking enough water? When I was on tx, I made at least 3 treks to the bathroom every night. If your pee is a brown shade, you should have a doc check for blood, for peace of mind.
I am glad to hear that your URQ pain is gone. Be warned that it may come back briefly after you finish tx. It seems to happen to a few folks on this board.
We are so completely dehydrated on tx that I think we don't even realize it most of the time.

Like the others I would try more water. Myself as a coffeeholic it was so so so HARD to do for me it hurt.........but it would fix any pee problems right back up ;)

God...we have no shame after starting treatment do we? hee hee!
I posted below but in case you dn't see it....
I get my T4 and TSH tests back the very next day so I don't understand at all why they are telling you a month!  They always come right back with the CBC!
Once we have trouble with the thyroid there isn't any reason to really quit IFN I guess they figure........the med does supposedly do just fine for controlling our thyroid numbers. I was diagnosed at like week 30 or so and still did 72 - my endo and hepto didn't seem worried at all although I was like crazy.

I'd say offhand if you were needing sleeping pills for it you were hyper cause it makes you hyper if you get that LOL.  I was extremely hyper and in just 3 weeks turned COMPLETELY the other way - this is really common on tx that is why the doctor will follow you very closely.

Still...........I would call back and check on that T4 and TSH test.............they aren't complicated time consuming tests like a PCR.  It doesn't take you a month to get back a regular hemo reading from them does it?
Debby
Yes, I started getting the same dark urine and was worried and scared, just like you.

I'm on week 24/48 and just got my PCR back.  They did the wrong one, so they did another today, but the one I took shows undetectable to <615.

So, yes, you can be having dark urine for some other reason, it doesn't neccesarily mean the virus is back.
Yup, water, water, water....I would keep a sports bottle by the bed.   I would wake up at night and drink.   If I didn't then I would have the same problem as you.  
Wouldn't hurt to have Glucose and Lipid panel run either if problem persists.  I wouldn't jump to it right away given that it seems to clear up as day progresses, but something to consider watching a bit more closely.