Did I inject into a vein?
Fourth week,
Start of week: Gave myself the fourth Pegasys injection, (The second time I personally injected myself and the first time without a nurse there), I pulled back and no blood, but then I unpinched the  skin, so I was wondering if this would change the level of the needle to enter a blood vessel... most of the way through slowly injecting myself, I felt a very abrupt unatural buzz so I pulled out the needle with only a little more left to go, and felt ok after that. I may have hit a blood vessel?, but it also could have been just a nervous vegal reaction. I put the needle in my other leg just in case and gave the rest of the shot. I am ok, but it was scary though.  
Did anyone else have any similar experience?
What would happen if you really did inject into a vien?

You might have hit a vein, but I wouldn’t worry about it much. While they suggest we draw back with the standard syringe, those that use a Ready-Pen don’t have that option, and they do just fine. My second treatment, I used my things only and never drew nack to check the syringe; and I successfully completed treatment and eventually achieved SRV. If you like why don’t you call the 800 number for the nurse hot line, and discuss this with them?

Good luck—

Bill
Mine told me that I should just inject, no pulling back. So that's what I did with all my shots.
interferon can be given IV, so if someone accidentally hit a vein (which prob didn't happen anyway) it wouldn't be the end of the world.
I don't think I ever did actually inject into a vein, because the next time I injected, I felt the same feeling and thought I had done it again, but this time I knew better.
I swear, I am such a victim of my own psychology.
Thanks for the input alagirl, very insightful, I never knew that there was actually a case where someone would give the interferon via IV.
My nurse told me to ignore the pull back part of instructions since I would inject into belly fat and there were so few veins there to hit.  It's easy to get psyched out in the early months of TX.  It get's more automatic later on.
i was never told at all to draw back to c blood,wish i had of new that i am nearly finished tx now so to l8,i sometimes bleed more than other times and i wonder too if i hit vein or vessel.id say as long as ya not really thin then it would be hard to hit vein in belly but legs for me always hurt more and bleed more but they dont hav the fat content like my jelly belly lol,i hav actually put on weight on tx believe it or not,but im had my pegs reduced cos of low wbc.
a few hit and misses wont hurt i believe also so i think u b fine.