Difference between Hep C and Hep B ???
Ok Im gonna ask this question since I went to the Hep B forum and asked.What is the difference between Hep C and Hep B?Are they treated the same?The person that answered me on the Hep B forum came back and told me that this was a "USELESS" question and it was like comparing the flu to HIV!!! I believe that these forums are for answers and was annoyed that he responded like that.I am NOT an expert on Hep B and am still learning about HepC. Heck if I knew the answer,I wouldnt have asked!!!!Im just curious.(thats my nature) Guess Ill keep my questions to my Hep C friends!!!
By the way that post is now gone-Maybe the moderator didnt like it either !!!!!

By the way again-What is the Difference???
HCV is an RNA virus, HBV a DNA virus. In that respect comparing the two to flu vs. HIV isn't that inaccurate. HBV is a more complex disease and tx. It's also rare for it to become chronic and has a higher rate of the body clearing it on its own but a much poorer response to current txs. when it does become chronic. Hope that helps.
they belong to 2 separate families  hep b is in the family hepadnaviridae  hep c is in the flaviviridae  in replication hep b dna is reverse transcribed into rna then back to dna  the hep c virus is a single strand rna + polarity  in hiv replication the virus rna is reverse transcribed to dna then back to rna

there are many other differences as well as similarities  i think their genetic makeup accounts for most differences
In addition to the differences in replication method, transmission risk is higher with Hep B as it can be sexually transmitted, whereas generally not with Hep C.  The large majority of adult patients exposed to Hep B clear it, whereas with Hep C adults who are exposed and clear are the minority.  Hep B exposure during childhood is more difficult to clear and often becomes chronic.  Also, as you probably know, currently there is vaccination against Hep B but none against Hep C.

They both affect the liver and can cause cirrhosis, but I know Hep B also carries a higher risk for liver cancer than does Hep C.  My understanding is that a large majority of hep C patients can clear the virus with treatment, but not the case with Hep B, which is more difficult to treat (though I know very little about what that entails).  Hope that helps.  ~eureka