Hepatitis C Community
Do you think I have it?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Do you think I have it?

I had sex about 5 1/2 years ago with a guy who I found out later may have hepatitis c. We only dated a short while and we slept together about 5 times. How likely is it that I have it? I have no other risk factors.
  • Sex and Hep c (19 replies):
    Has anyone ever gotten Hep c from just sex alone? I mean...[more]
  • sex and hep c ? (27 replies):
    WHAT REALLY ARE THE RISK ? THE DOCTER TOLD ME IT DOS'NT...[more]
  • sex and hep c (13 replies):
    I wanted to post this to Dr. D... but he has reached his...[more]
  • Sex and Hep C (6 replies):
    Just curious about the possibility of getting Hep C from...[more]
  • SEX (45 replies):
    Ok I need to know if I need to keep using these damn con...[more]
It is possible. Go and get tested.
I had sex with my ex husband for 22 years and he got tested and does NOT have it. I hear it's hard to catch from sex.
sexual transmission of hcv is rare.  it is a blood borne virus and intravenous drug use and blood transfusion are the most common ways to transmit.

do you have any symptoms such as dark urine/stomach pain/fatigue?

in all probability, you have nothing to worry about.  But I do believe you should be tested, ONLY to put your mind at ease.

call 'request a test' at 1877-732-2348.
Avatar n tn
no i don't have any symptoms. do you really think that i am ok? it scares me so much
I WISH I WAS IN YOU BOOTS....your ok,you dont have hep.
did you have any kind of rough sex? anal, biting, etc. where blood could have been involved? if not then you have very little chance of getting HCV. do yourself a favor get tested, worrying is no way to live life! best of luck
Very unlikely, but it's still considered a risk factor. If sex was unprotected, you should probably get tested, at least for peace of mind.

-- Jim
For peace of mind get tested.....I was married to my ex for over 20 years he aint got it...My Partner who I met online has gone thru tx and not cleared I got SVR and have no worrys about getting reinfected thru sex....

OFF TOPIC...Rocker I have been trying to contact you for months please email me...Chrissyx
There is that slim possibility....but its so very rare that you should actually worry more about driving your car than you should getting Hepc without a blood exchange....I have been married 26 years and wasn't dianosed until many years into our marriage. and after having two boys - my wife was tested of course, but she has always been negative. Good luck to you
Yes, i definitely want you to be tested but ONLY to put your mind at ease.  If you were to test pos from this, it would make medical history.  get an antibody test, call request a test at 1888-732-2348 if you need a place to be tested and put this behind you.  
Avatar n tn
thanks, you have all made me feel so much better. And not so scared.
Please let us know when you get your results.
Avatar n tn
Have any of you ever heard of anyone who contracted it through sex only? No anal or biting or anything like that just "normal sex".
It has happened but hiv or hep b are much more likely to be transmitted sexually than hep c.  

Get an antibody test, ( it will be neg)  and move on with life.  I know you are stressed out about this so you have to be tested to put your mind at ease.
I was married for 21 years and had 5 children with my wife when I was diagnosed with HCV. I acquired the virus before I was married. My wife and children are all HCV negative. It is EXTREMELY unlikely that you have hep c, but a test will give you the peace of mind you need!
10356 commented on VICourageous's status
Jul 24
10356, and Dee1956 commented on 10356's status
Jul 24
mike716 SVR May, 2015 (Sovaldi+Olys... Comment
Jul 23
Track your weight over time