Hepatitis C Community
Do your joints hurt after getting a & b vaccine
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Do your joints hurt after getting a & b vaccine

Reluctently, I agreed to get Hep a & b vaccines.  With Hep c my doc said my liver would fry if I was ever exposed to either.  I have had my first A and my second B and am now experiencing pain in my wrists, hips and elbows...go figure.  Little nervous about getting the last shot...any comments...
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I never put it together until now - you may be right.  Got my 2nd shot a couple of weeks ago and have started with shoulder pain and pains in my calves, mostly.  I see my GI Wednesday and will try to remember to ask him about it.  I'm reallly new at this - have AIH not C - but "connect" with ya'll in a lot of ways.

Sorry I couldn't be more informative.

tmblwd
Blank
Saw my GI today and I did ask him about the joint pain.  He said "yes" the vaccine can contribute to  joint pains, as well as the steroids.      

This is not to say that that is exactly what is going on with you but....  At least we have nearly 3 more months before shot #3.

Tmblwd
Blank
217229_tn?1192766004
Tumbleweed - thanks for keeping on top of this.

Meki
oh- and you connect just fine. LOL!
Blank
I had joint pain (near the injection site) of my first dose of Hep A, that lasted for about two days.  How long has your pain been going on?  
Blank
As of the 3rd of April I have been diagnosised with Hepatitis but not sure which level. Now the interesting part to this is that I just finished my last Hep b injection on dec 22, 2012. Since then I had been experiencing joint pain I told my doc nothing was done. I recently have been sick and the stayed in the hospital for 4 days. They only could tell an athlete all my life eating and staying fit 3 healthy children that now I may have hep .. Wow ! But my liver enzymes levels are high and my liver is inflamed. Talk about sick I have been in the bed for over 5 days in pain and vomiting. I ask what is the point ofthe shot .. Fibromyalgia , leukemia these are some of the buzz word that are being used for me now. Anywho, I wish everyone well and that if this helps we really need to know about exposure and transportation of this disease. Oh yeah I am a nurse and I am around a hundreds of people daily.

CB
Blank
1280753_tn?1367761532
This thread is from 2007. You should start a new thread.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...