Hepatitis C Community
Do your joints hurt after getting a & b vaccine

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Reluctently, I agreed to get Hep a & b vaccines.  With Hep c my doc said my liver would fry if I was ever exposed to either.  I have had my first A and my second B and am now experiencing pain in my wrists, hips and elbows...go figure.  Little nervous about getting the last shot...any comments...
I never put it together until now - you may be right.  Got my 2nd shot a couple of weeks ago and have started with shoulder pain and pains in my calves, mostly.  I see my GI Wednesday and will try to remember to ask him about it.  I'm reallly new at this - have AIH not C - but "connect" with ya'll in a lot of ways.

Sorry I couldn't be more informative.

tmblwd
Saw my GI today and I did ask him about the joint pain.  He said "yes" the vaccine can contribute to  joint pains, as well as the steroids.      

This is not to say that that is exactly what is going on with you but....  At least we have nearly 3 more months before shot #3.

Tmblwd
Tumbleweed - thanks for keeping on top of this.

Meki
oh- and you connect just fine. LOL!
I had joint pain (near the injection site) of my first dose of Hep A, that lasted for about two days.  How long has your pain been going on?  
As of the 3rd of April I have been diagnosised with Hepatitis but not sure which level. Now the interesting part to this is that I just finished my last Hep b injection on dec 22, 2012. Since then I had been experiencing joint pain I told my doc nothing was done. I recently have been sick and the stayed in the hospital for 4 days. They only could tell an athlete all my life eating and staying fit 3 healthy children that now I may have hep .. Wow ! But my liver enzymes levels are high and my liver is inflamed. Talk about sick I have been in the bed for over 5 days in pain and vomiting. I ask what is the point ofthe shot .. Fibromyalgia , leukemia these are some of the buzz word that are being used for me now. Anywho, I wish everyone well and that if this helps we really need to know about exposure and transportation of this disease. Oh yeah I am a nurse and I am around a hundreds of people daily.

CB
This thread is from 2007. You should start a new thread.