Hepatitis C Community
Doc assures me Solvaldi and Riba will work for me

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

The doc assures me this is going to work for me.  If it works for me with cirrhosis and hcc with geno 1b it should work for everyone. I start tomorrow so should know soon.  I kept pushing for the other drug as well but kept being told it wasn't needed.  I said if thats the case why are they working on the new 2 drug combos if this works.  he said the reason was to be able to do treatment without riba.  I have been on this board since 2005 and this is the first time I feel the dragon is almost dead.
I am glad to hear that you are treating while waiting for transplant. It is deffenetely worth trying to rid yourself of the virus so you don't have to deal with it post transplant.

The treatment will stop further damage to your liver while you wait for transplant. It should enable you to be healthy enough to have future HCC treatment should you require them. Most HCC treatments require CPT class A, compensated cirrhosis as a requirement to be performed. That is how the treatment helped to save my life, even though I relapsed after treating for 48 weeks and now have HCV recurrence post transplant. It was all worth it for me.

How long are you expected to wait until transplant?
It would be ideal if you were treating until the day of your transplant as that would prevent the chance of relapse when the treatment is stopped.

Good luck with your treatment! You should be undetectable in a few weeks.
Hector