Aa
A
A
Close
Does anybody know when approximately the new meds will be available in Canada (Ontario)?
hello,

I’m thinking about the treatment and got a couple of questions about new meds in Canada:

Does anybody know when approximately the new meds will be available in Canada (Ontario)?
Is it a separate route for approval than in US, or health Canada just following a decision of FDA?
How long for insurance companies will take to start approving the new medications?

Just wondering, if somebody knows how long will take to have it in Canada after they are approved in US.

Thanks
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
found this press release:

January 20, 2011

Additionally, Vertex today announced the completion of a New Drug Submission (NDS) to the Therapeutic Product Directorate (TPD) of Health Canada seeking approval for telaprevir in Canada. Telaprevir was also granted Priority Review in Canada, which allows for faster review for promising medicines that address life-threatening or severely debilitating conditions and for which there are few effective therapies already available. Standard review in Canada takes 18 months or more and Priority Review typically shortens the review time to approximately six to nine months.

http://investors.vrtx.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=544657
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hey Andy...At the liver clinic at Tor. Western the speculation is about 6 mo,after availability in the U.S that Health Canada will give the go ahead.  I would imagine once the release in the States their will be more concrete info here;

WILL
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
thanks a lot Will !

i have my appt with GI in june, trying to prepare myself and get as much info as possible
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
317787 tn?1473362051
Blank
Dee1956 Meegy 180 days!! Coincidenc... Comment
4 hrs ago
3060903 tn?1398568723
Blank