Hepatitis C Community
Does anybody know when approximately the new meds will be available in ...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does anybody know when approximately the new meds will be available in Canada (Ontario)?

hello,

I’m thinking about the treatment and got a couple of questions about new meds in Canada:

Does anybody know when approximately the new meds will be available in Canada (Ontario)?
Is it a separate route for approval than in US, or health Canada just following a decision of FDA?
How long for insurance companies will take to start approving the new medications?

Just wondering, if somebody knows how long will take to have it in Canada after they are approved in US.

Thanks
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
found this press release:

January 20, 2011

Additionally, Vertex today announced the completion of a New Drug Submission (NDS) to the Therapeutic Product Directorate (TPD) of Health Canada seeking approval for telaprevir in Canada. Telaprevir was also granted Priority Review in Canada, which allows for faster review for promising medicines that address life-threatening or severely debilitating conditions and for which there are few effective therapies already available. Standard review in Canada takes 18 months or more and Priority Review typically shortens the review time to approximately six to nine months.

http://investors.vrtx.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=544657
Blank
Hey Andy...At the liver clinic at Tor. Western the speculation is about 6 mo,after availability in the U.S that Health Canada will give the go ahead.  I would imagine once the release in the States their will be more concrete info here;

WILL
Blank
thanks a lot Will !

i have my appt with GI in june, trying to prepare myself and get as much info as possible
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank