Hepatitis C Community
Does anyone experience a percolating feeling in your liver?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Off and on I have a percolating feeling in my liver..Kind of like a bubbling effect..I've asked my Hepatologist and he just looked at me kind of puzzled.....In addition they have alwys told me my liver functions are normal......So I don't know what to think about this.
probably a muscle spasm in that area of your body.
No it's definately not that...It's exactly like when your hungry and your stomach gurgles from hunger...With the exception its my liver for sure...
Have you had a liver biopsy? This will be the only way you can find out the degree of damage to your liver.  Normal blood tests do not tell you this.  You could have fibrosis or cirrhosis and your blood ALT levels can be normal.
You may have inflammation of the liver, maybe you should go see a hepatologist and query this feeling that you are having in the liver and/or request a biopsy.
Thanks Happy,
No I haven't had a biopsy......My Hep Doc said he would do one if I wanted it but thought I didin't need one considering my LFT's showed normal...I may go ahead and request one..Just for My Info....
Oooops I meant Hippy...Pardon me..
Don't forget about your intestines, they wind all around there, so could just be fat moving thru your colon.. LOL
I appreciate the input.....But this is definately not intestines. Just  bubbles in my liver....Its pretty much isolated it was at one point just around the top center edge of my liver but that has stopped...But now its just an occasional lower intertior lobe......I am medically trained...I know there are no nerve endings on my liver but I do know what I feel......The bubbles make a vibration...The vibration travels....And you can hear it sometimes when it happens.....Wierd I know,but none the less it happens....
  I am going to go and have my HepDoc do a biopsy......But according to them I have normal LF...Oh well ,we'll see...
Percolating is exactly how I described the feeling I got in my liver after drinking alcohol.  I don't drink any more so I don't feel it but to me there was no other word to describe it.  A definite sensation of percolation. And not at all pleasant.
You don't have any nerves in your liver to even FEEL such a percolating...so it's not your liver whatever it is.

It must be intestinal - that makes much much more sense than anything else.
I had normal LF but the biopsy showed damage, which escalated quite a bit in a few years which is why they recommended tx...LF tests do not always show the state of the liver!  My liver shows no inflammation, goes directly to "damage"...
By the way, I have seen it mentioned on this forum that people have felt liver pain during tx, I definitely did, and the dr. always said it was not my liver...I know what and where it is, and I felt it all during tx, and it was painful, along with everything else...I am so tired of Dr.'s telling me things that make me feel crazy (only I know just how crazy I am!)  anyway, thank goodness for this site, at least I know other people are out there with issues too!
Thanks... I will be calling my Hep Doc tomorrow to setup a biopsy.....Everytime I talk to them they say I have good this or that....But the bubbles bug the **** out of me because I don't know why they happen...
this is something I need answered...