Does anyone know the standard blood work done when you are pregnant?
Hi everyone,

I hope all of you feeling as well as possible today.  I have a question I have been meaning to ask my doctor forever and it seems to slip from my brain at each appointment.

What is the standard blood work done when you are pregnant?  I know they do a standard CBC, STD, and HIV tests but I was also under the impression they test for hepatitis.  Is this true?  Does anyone know?  I remember looking at my lab sheet in my chart and there was a spot for hep, which mine showed negative (and I was not) and I just don't know if they actually test for virus or just do a liver enzmye panel.

Thanks, I appreciate your input:)

Kathy

They must not have tested me because when I was pregnant in 93 (unless they didn't have the test then)I was never told that I had Hep.  I was told that I did not have immunity to Ruebella, so they do test for that. It can cause severe birth defects. There was nothing they could except warn me to stay away from people with the measles. They immediately gave me a vaccine right after I gave birth.

Pam
Try:

http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/cbc/glance.html
Well It's Not Standard In The State Of Ga...
I became a Grandma in January & I wanted my daughter retested for obvious reasons... so we had to have it requested!
:)
if they test it is for "B" not "C"
I started having babies in 1985 the last one in 2000,and I know for a fact I was never tested for hcv at any time...
In MA hep test is not part of the "standard" bloodwork when you are pregnant.  In fact, I don't believe HIV is either.  Just STDs.  Not sure what the case is in your state, but I believe most are the same!
cao
In my experience, the HepC test is not standard during pregnancy.  At least in my practice, the HIV test is standard, but is the only of the tests that requires specific consent.
Thanks everyone for your experiences.  I checked out the link GrandOak posted above and according to that site hep b is commonly tested but not c.  Humm, not surprising unfortunately.

I am in Louisiana and the blood work here is comparative to other states with the exception that PKU is always required.  Something to do with all the cajuns and interbreading in small communities:)

Great day to all.
Kathy