Hepatitis C Community
Dragon down

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Dragon down

Got the results of my 6 month post PCR.....No RNA Hep C Virus detected...

History-
1-A
2 million load
bx 1-2
48 weeks pegintron 120 /rebetol 1200
pre tx weight 189
end of tx weight 158

weight now 178
residual effects minumal

self adjusted rebe and peg during course of tx due to low cbc's (not recommended for everyone)

did/do vit c and e and complex b.
tylenol, ibuprofen (rarely), vicodin (last three months of tx)
could not handle AD's but did  do lorazepam and tried ambian (only worked four hours) last 5 months of tx

So all you hepcats doing the tx truck ride, stay positive, eat healthy, do your vitamins..You can beat the dragon.

Indiana i'll be standing at the corner waiting for the bus..going cow tipping tonight.

ken
Good mornig and CONGRATS! What great news! Thanks for sharing it as you know it helps us on tx to hear such great news. LL
Wonderful news my friend. I can only imagine how good you must feel - I can only hope to feel as good soon. Thanks for sharing and congratulations. Stay well. Mike
Great news!  Continued success to you:)
Way to go buddy!!!!! Good post covered it all, I like seeing them like that. I'm 2wks. post tx today, type 1, your post is the news I need to hear, thanks.
wow great great news....congrats...more and more 1's are clearing everyday...as was said before...that bus is fast becoming a train, with lots of room for everyone.....enjoy yourself and your good news....so much hard work and determination goes into treatment.   good going!!!!
Wondeful! I knew you were sweating it but now so much relief!!  I want to be right behind you!  We all do,,,,that is just soooo encouraging and thanks for keeping us posted!!
Best wishes to you for continued good health and much happiness.  Congratulations on your great news!

Susan
WONDERFUL! Thanks for the SUPER news! Way to GO!!!!
GREAT NEWS<<<>>>THANK YOU>>>>>>>>>>>WAY TO GO!

Pls stay CLEAN....:>)

the kid...
Terrific news!  I hope to get on the bus with you in a few months, stop by around early October:-).  caruu
Wonderful news. Congratulations!!
Excellent!!! Don't celebrate TOO hard! :-}
ALLRIGHTY THEN! THATS THE KINDA NEWS WE LIKE TO HEAR! DRAGON KNUCKLES ON THE BARBIE AT KENNEDGE PLACE TONITE!

This test was the biggie man. The "odds" of it showing up again now just went WAYyyyy down. I am REALLY happy for ya!

Now it's on to the 1 year test. But I really don't think you need to worry.

I have added a second tier to the bus now so YOU get to ride "up top"!

THEM COWS ARE GOIN DOWN TONITE!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS
Oh Happy Day!  Congratulations ~ I can just see that big smile on your face.  Thanks for the encouraging news!
ambush :) :)
YAHOO !!!!!!!! geat news the barbie shall glow .. daryl
Great News!!!! Best of luck to you today and always!!
Jodi
Fantastic news........your SVR is so encourageing.......I will get my 6 month testing in September.........did you also get tested at 3 months as well?  Save me a seat on the bus too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have my backpack ready to go and I hope to be waiting at the "6 month" bus stop to hop on the bus too.......this wonderful news just makes all of this warm, sunny weather that much more enjoyable!!!!!! ENJOY LIFE my friend.  Peace.
You Da Man !!!!  I am 3 weeks post tx and I feel like a million bucks.  Handicap is coming down and something more important is up more regularly  LOL.....I plan to be on that bus come October...see you then......Good luck to all.
my kind of news....inspiring.

HAs anyone heard anything mention on tv about the hep c awareness weekend in DC? I hope some reporter took at least one pic.  ironic that R Charles dies the same week. great opportunity to spread the mews.
Hey Ken, that is wonderful news!!!  You were not far behind me in tx and it is great to hear that so many of us are still clear.  Congrats!!!!!!!
wow that's the big one...congratulations!!!!!!!! that must be an incredible relief....the best!!! like indi said that should be it....forever!!!!!!!!!
<b>CONGRATULATIONS!!!</b>

That is the <b>BEST KIND OF NEWS!!!</b>

Now that you've passed the 6 month SVR mark - your up in the 98-99% range!!! Now those are the kind of odds all geno 1's like to have!!!

Best to you as you continue forward. And thanks for posting.

TnHepGuy
Hey, Bro!

That is great news, man! Another dragon bites the dust!

What a long strange trip it's been!, ey!

Hi, long time no see...how are you feeling?
WOW !!!

I am just amazed how big this family has gotten, and still growing...and what an amazing,caring,strong group of people you guys/gals (hepcats) are...thanks for the support and congratulations you all have given..and on a saturday...

anyway just want to let you know that you guys are in my thoughts and best wishes..

jodie...i'm always saying someting for amanda, wishing the best

mike s - dude ..your the man...what are you gonna do after tx???
: )

kim eyedeas- you just keep on,,thanx

newgirl - hope things turn

all you others...willing, majneni, ak hepper,

even saw commdue post lately..(but he's SRV at least he thinks he is) ha

anyway just a thought for all you who have replied..

stay positive
eat well
be healthy

ken
Congratulations Kennedge!
WOW!!!!!!!I wish I knew how to add the "BOLD" type here!!!! WAY TO GO MAN, I'm so happy for ya!!!!! Next time I go around, is going to be the last for me!!!!! I'm gonna be posting the same news you have posted!!!!!! Scott, derail, twotells.....everybody IS !!!!!!!!!!! I'm turning in....for it's 4:40 am early Sunday morn. But before I do....I' gonna dance all the way to the sofa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU KEN!!!!! You've kicked "drag_________on Butt"!!!!!!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!! Best Wishes and you'll always remain in my prayers, Cindee :) xoxoxo
CONGRATULATIONS to you. Wonderful news. So many good things are happening here lately.

I am so happy for everyone here with good news and tests results. And for those of you whos results are a little slow ...hang in there it just might take a little bit more of your time and patience but it is worth it.

Has anyone heard from HarleyDude. Did he finish tx?