Drinking water
So are we drinking water because of the ribivarin or because of the interferon?  I am starting treatment today, took my first set of rib this morning, will take the second dose tonight and shot after that.  Should I start drinking the moat worth of water now or tomorrow?
...always...
Advocate1955
Water keeps you hydrated and flushes your kidneys.

Drink water always, then drink more.
Yes, always and both.

Congratulations on getting started.  I seem to dehydrate worse with interferon.  Even my eyelids turned to sandpaper.  Have eyedrops nearby.  I used genteel medium to moderate.
NOW
Drinking lots of water daily is beneficial to our health even when not treating , however I am hearing we should drinlk 4-6 litres a day on tx , is that the norm ? I drink anywhere 10-12 glasses a day I am not treating yet, will be before end of year , so is 4-6 litres sufficent to flush the toxins out of our system or should it be more or can it be  less . I am gong to bathroom enough now , can imagine with higher intakes might as well put my office in the bathroom.
I had read somewhere to drink at least half my body weight in ounces of water - so for me that would be about 64 ounces a day (about 2L I think). I was quite proud of achieving this only to be told by the doctor yesterday that I needed to step that up and drink even more.... So drink more I will. I can tell if I skip the water because that is when I start to feel yucky, slightly nauseous, etc. The key, I guess, is to drink, drink, drink.
I was drinking 2 litres of water in about a hour and a half on my blood work days.  My veins hide and I only have one or two that can be reached by even the most skilled phlebotomist.  I had to fast until my blood was taken, drank that 2 litres in the time it took my to drive to the hospital, swished in and barely made it to the washroom most days.

So on blood work days, about 4 litres.  On non-blood work days I drank about 3 litres/day.  Probably could have done with more.
I don't measure it but there is always water by my side, day and night, including right now. You just make it a habit to drink it all the time.
The dry mouth is a reminder to me as well.
Guzzle water, then swish with biotene mouth wash. That's my routine :)
I am not sure which causes you to need so much water but you really do.
Gulping, not sipping seems to work best.  A big glass after the interferon shot helps and I try to dring 8-16 oz with each pill dose.

I have found it harder to drink water in the winter and I think I did dehydrate myself this week. I think it caused my fingers to get really dry and I have so many paper cuts, it is hard to type.  The tips keep losing feeling and I think that too is dehydrate.  I think side effects are lessoned when you keep your body flushed
Now. Lots. Whenever you can. I am on week 18 and sure can tell the difference when I am not keeping up on intake. Get used to it. I have bottles stasted everywhere and always have one with me.
I think all of the meds dehydrate us. I am still pretty dry even after finishing the Incivek. It seems my mouth is dry within seconds after I dink water. I always feel thirsty.

There is another reason for drinking all that water, the kidneys. The meds are toxic and they need to be flushed out of the system. The kidneys need that water to get rid of the meds. If one is not drinking enough water the renal function numbers will start to rise. I got behind on water one day and it happened to be my blood draw day. I had the blood drawn and one of my kidney function tests was slightly elevated (by one point over normal), but the doc noticed, told me to drink more, and did renal function test the following week. Since then my numbers have been fine but I drink a gallon of water a day.

I was told from the outset to drink at least 1 gallon of water a day. That is a lot of water (4 quarts to the gallon or 4 liters to the gallon). I do measure it. I have three large glasses that sit on the counter. The three of them (all together) total 1 quart. I drink at least 3 of those glasses in the am, 3 in the afternoon, and 3 in the eve. I drink about 2 of them during the night. I get the other glass of water in by drinking more during one of those time periods. I don't think I would get enough if I did not measure it because it seems like you are drinking more than you are.  
I am now on the new tx rib, interferon, and savaldi pill that came out December 2013, I was told to drink water all day long so I carry around a 64oz container, then I was told that I was drinking to much? I am so sick of being told by so many Dr"s to do different things
Believe it or not it is possible to die from drinking too much water.

My non professional medical opinion
  You need to stay hydrated and should drink at least 48 to 96 oz of water as a minimum depending on weight and other liquids consumed.

Unless specifically directed by your doctor to limit water to a maximum amount. Drinking up to a qt/liter at a time with at least a couple hours between up to maybe 4 - 6 times a day. Or drinking up to a similar equivalent with 8 to 14 glasses of water spread throughout the day depending on your weight would not be a problem.  

You should ask your doctor if you think you might be drinking too much water.

OCD, paranoia or other mental disease could participate a situation where too much water is consumed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication
Water intoxication, also known as water poisoning or dilutional hyponatremia, is a potentially fatal disturbance in brain functions that results when the normal balance of electrolytes in the body is pushed outside safe limits by over-hydration.

Water, just like any other substance, can be considered a poison when over-consumed in a specific period of time. Water intoxication mostly occurs when water is being consumed in a high quantity without giving the body the proper nutrients it needs to be healthy

Prevention
Water intoxication can be prevented if a person's intake of water does not grossly exceed his or her losses Healthy kidneys are able to excrete approximately 0.8 to 1 litre of fluid water (0.21 - 0.26 gallons) per hour.[12] However, stress (from prolonged physical exertion), as well as disease states, can greatly reduce this amount

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyponatremia
In the vast majority of cases, hyponatremia occurs as a result of a proportional excess of water relative to the plasma sodium (salt level in the blood)
Interesting thread. I drink a lot of water but also chew ice as well. I know, terrible for my teeth, but keeps me hydrated and is somehow easier to do than chugging water