Hepatitis C Community
Drugs And Hepatitis C

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Drugs And Hepatitis C

If you have been diagnose with Hepatitis C, how long does it take for Valium to not show up in a drug test?
Say what?
Where is the correlation between HCV and Valium absorbtion in the body?

Furthermore, why would one be concerned with it first place unless they are abusing Valium, in which case they got bigger problems that they should be concerned with I would think?
why would they bloodtest you for valiums?it would be a specific analysis & i would suppose highly unlikely...yu sure want to stop valium use pre-trx and possibly get yourself scripted for an appropriate anti-depressant before you begin the "DRAGONSLAYIN".....cuz the meds themselves cause fair amount of anxiety as well does the diagnosis itself! that said ,you want to get ALL your ducks inna row:good medical team .some sorta support,total commitment to doing the trx-Gotta gear-up,clean-up and straighten-up and flyright..you are going to need all your strength&mental clarity-GOODLUCK!!!!!
Please!  Don't tell me that drug tests for jobs flag Valium.  That's a prescription med, and it's none of their beeswax!  If I were ever turned down for employment because of prescribed substances, I would sue them, sic the ACLU on them, anything I could think of.  That's police state behavior and not legal in the USA.  Otherwise next time they'll want to examine our medical records before they hire us.  We have discrimination laws that forbid such a thing.
i think she thinks that hepc changes the amount of time valium stays in your system. i think she just wants to make sure that traces dont stay longer than usual because of the hepc.
i would assume shes got an upcoming drug test for a job or whatever.
mamarockstew, i dont know the answer, but would guess that hepc doesnt change the normal time frame for valium to get out of your system. if your liver is not working and you are real sick i think it might change the time frame to longer
because your liver cant process it out. these are all guesses, dont take any of it to the bank. someone here might know the real answers.
   I am tryin to understand Ques.   All I can say is hepC should not make any difference with drug test . when that test pops up I just hope I have been good a few days (for pills) and 2 to 3 weeks for the smoke.lol.
                              take care ,R.
Ya cruel, I thought so thanks for backup...
   Pige-   When asked to "pee in da bottle" The first Question  they ask is" are you on any prescribed meds.? " as long as you admit to them and have your scripts for proof all is well.   Your employer does not get results directly, They go to a dotor for analisys then U get a chance at retaken it. employer hears "pass or fail.  "     Sure wish u were around when we had chance to stop what I feel is a invasive test into our personnel lives, but now it is normal procedure. in many states. I think it is mainly to get lower workers comp./ insurance deals if employer does it .
                                 C-ya, R.
I dunno...but do you have a couple? hand em over...I got the heebie jeebies tonight...I'll take a couple of the blues...:))
When you go for a drug test at work they ask you to list all prescription meds...so if there were from a doc it wouldn't matter anyway.  Heck I had a long list when I got this job and they let me work here non-the-less.

If you are looking to drug test without valium being detected it would be the same amount of time as it would without hep.  That should be pretty easy to google.  All I remember is that pot takes at least a month, LOL.  I'm old what do I know?

I would guess though three days is the detox for heroin so anything less than that would be the same relatively and you should be safe after 4 days. But what do I know for sure I guess it depends on metabolism etc.
My guess would be a week provided that your liver is functioning properly.
I just wanted to add that drugs like valium are VERY hard on your liver and, if you have hep c, you should avoid them like the plague.
first of all if you have a script for it you can take a test and they will ask you afterwards if it shows up for a copy of the script...thats it. you can work if you take valium as long as it is prescribed. if worried about other if not prescribed get some help.
    I dunno...but do you have a couple? hand em over...I got the heebie jeetonight...I'll take a couple of the blues...:))

Heebiejee? Im not sure what that is.But, with all the meds Im takin I dont have to worry about that.
My ear ache still remains. Dr prescibed valium. That got a few chuckles on here.  As it turns out the valium is for the teeth grinding. My jaw gets so tight its hard to open my mouth.  So I just shut up.
Clenching the jaw too much puts pressure on my ear. Thus ear ache. Go figger. Dr is a good man. Vallium is a good product. Ohhh **** now my ear each is kickin up again
helo and I am new here and some of these answers crack me up! I have been a drug abuser for years and for the last few months I have been on meth (methadone) program and I had 3 urines which were clean then in June I put my dog to sleep which upset me and I did take 20 mgs of valium which came u in my urine 20 days later!
Yes by the way I do have hep c and that is why I came looking for answers here because everyone says 4 days is the longest it would be in ur system well that is not so.
Is it hepc is it a combonation of methadone and hep c that its staying in my system this long? i don't know. I know i caouldn't believe it and thought the lab was wrong so I bought a otc drug test and bingo it is still there!
Hi trace,

You’ve posted in a thread that is nearly two years old. Welcome to the discussion group,

Bill