Dry mouth during treatment
Im in my 9th week of treatment and have been noticing that my mouth has been dry a lot lately and im wondering if this is a side effect of the treatment, it doesnt seem to matter how much water I drink because Im drinking lots of water, 4 liters a day to be exact.
Biotene helps. There's a toothpaste and mouthwash.
Sure is a sx effect, i found keeping some mints with me helped a great deal, good luck going forward.

cando
I just purchased some licorice type mints and they have really helped.  I always keep lozenges or hard candies with me at all times.
I understand the drymouth issue, and the hot weather does not help!

Hang in there!
Dry mouth can make your teeth more vulnerable to decay and lead to gum problems, so trying to find something right now MAY prevent that.

I think interferon can also increase our risk of thrush; some people develop mouth ulcers.

None of this is nice, so try to nip it, if possible.  

I ignored my dry mouth in the beginning and then my teeth started to ache. Once I changed from ordinary toothpaste and mouthwash to specialized ones, things improved a lot for me.

Dry mouth is called xerostoma, so try a google search.  

Biotene (it was sitting there in the pharmacy but there may be others) worked for me and I especially liked the jelly-like thing in their lineup of products that I could rub on my gums.

I think they also make chewing gum, in additon to toothpaste and mouthwash.

Biotene stuff is superexpensive but if you use it sparingly like Tabasco sauce, then it can last a long while.

I think some people used a prescription mouthwash called Chlorhexidine, an antibacterial mouthwash. There is also a precription product called Salagen and a similar over-the-counter one,  SALAVERT.

Hope you fix this - I don't think drinking more water will help, although drinking lots is good in general during treatment.

Susan
Oops, looks like I was wrong about Salavert but Salagen remains a prescription option, if necessary. I'd recommend OTC's like Biotene for starters.

Susan

Ice pops helped me too - not as well as a medicine like biotene but much more fun :)

And do make sure you keep your mouth as clean as possible, the tongue ulcers are dreadful you dont want to get them if possible (they are from the interferon so if you do they do go away as soon as treatment is over).

Remember this is only for a little while, when treatment is over this problem will be too!
since I'm on week 3 all of this sounds like something I DON'T want to look forward to. I was hoping the huge amount of water I'm drinking would prevent mouth sores. Oh well... only 45 weeks to go.
lol yep i remember that horrible dry mouth and i was drinking gallons of water etc but i didnt take any meds to help but wish i had of as i had l;ots of teeth n gum probs now cos without sylvia our teeth have no protection.but it does go away within few wks after tx if i remember right.
hang in there as its all worth that SVR at the end mate :)
I used several things which helped a lot.

Biotene Oral gel at night.

During the day I chewed Biotene chewing gum

I also used drops of Stevia (the dark liquid) you should be able to get it at the health food store. Stevia is antibacterial and prevented me from getting mouth sores

And then of course I was drinking LOADS of water. I couldn't get enough of it.