Hepatitis C Community
Ear Pain not yet started Treatment

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Ear Pain not yet started Treatment

Hi, I was diagnose with Hep C a year ago and haven´t started the treatment yet cause my business was just beginning. I have many symptoms like, waking up tired, pain almost everywhere, confusion, feeling very weird etc.

But i have one symptom that its not kind of listed and don´t know if it normal. Ihad like 6 month ago pain in my ear. Thought it was an ear infection went to the doctor and he said it was a very small infection. Took the medicine for the infection but it has never gone away the pain. Its in the morning most of the time. It comes and goes.

Did anyone get ear pain as a symptom before the treatment, cause I know many get ear pain during the treatment.

Thanks.
you want to get your teeth cleaned and all dental work before tx. just do it.

if you take claritin does the pain go away? If so it may be fluid in the ears...
a GP or allergist may help you there.

If not, your ear pain may be from low grade infection in jaw and lymph nodes...which is why the dental work is crucial.
sorry about you having this disease. Hope this info helps. maryB
maryB,
I was diagnosed with Hep C recently so am looking at starting treatment soon.  Why do you say to get dental treatment done first?  I need work done to several teeth but have put it off due to money.  

I appreciate any advice.
good advice about the dentist. do you know if the infection is located in the outer ear and ear canal or if it is in the middle ear or both?   i have had numerous outer ear infection and an ENT doc told me to put 3 drops of white vinegar in each ear canal ever other day.  since then i have not had a single ear ache.
I had severe itching of both ears prior to HCV treatment. Started tx July 2007.  I  eventually had ear pain, along with itching ears & was diagnosed with ear infections.  had earwax removed & took antibiotics.  infection continued to reoccur.  finally went to ENT, when I could no longer hear out of either ear & pain was excruciating. ENT thoroughly hosed out the ears, put in a powder to keep ears dry and prescribed antibiotics.  I went for followup today and I am happy to report that I no longer have pain and best of all i have hearing back in both ears.  Will follow up in6 weeks to confirm infection is gone.
I have 32 weeks left of HCV treatment.

Good luck from Jennifer
Hi Hey,Check out this website www.chaga.com this could help you out for treating the hepatitits c.Good luck Treefarmer1