Hepatitis C Community
Eatting a lot

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Eatting a lot

Okay this may sound kinda of crazy to some but since I have been done with the incivek I have been eatting a lot more not big meals but more overall. Is it because of the incviek? Is this common after the inc? I am on the the last 9 wks of my treatment. I did gain 5 pounds but since then I have lost 2 since I have been off of the inc. but at the same time I have gone back to work.
Your RC treats episode made me laugh. One day I ate three large pieces of cake, two Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, two pieces of See's Candy, and a sleeve of Girl Scout Cookies. I'm going to get rid of all the sweets before I'm done with treatment because I don't want to gain a lot of weight and eat all that sugar. But for now, I allow myself a little pleasure to counteract the boredom and difficulty of treatment. RC treats sound pretty good right now...where's my recipe?
I don't know what's normal there. On previous treatments (SOC) I gained a little weight overall. On triple tx I gained 6 pounds during the Incivek phase due to all the fat, but once that was over I had a decreased appetite for the rest of tx and steadily lost weight. By EOT I was 25 pounds lighter. In the 20 weeks since EOT I have tried to keep the weight off, but some of it has been sneaking back anyway. I've regained about 8 pounds. I guess I think every body has its own way of responding, and even in one person it can be different from one tx to another.
hi star my hubby was same he got 8wk left when he was on inc he lost 1.5 stone just no appetite at all the doc put him on protein drinks. He to is slowly getting his appetite back so i think it is par for course of the tx, also with you been in restaurant trade that prob as something to do with it. Hope you feeling alright and work bearable best wishes Jules x
Thanks to all I guess since I got my taste buds back food seems great. I had a sub par appetite during incivek but now that I am done I'm hungry every 3-4 hours. Maybe it was because I was on a clock. Just wanted to know if anyone was the same as me. I guess I should be glad that I have an appetite.
  When I was finished with my Victrelis, I ate all the things I never got to eat during my Treatment. I went on a real Gourmet Food bender, but I never rly did gain much or lose much, during my 28 wks of Tx.

When I was on Incivek my taste buds were only working at about 10% and it was hard to find anything that sounded appealing. Post-Incivek I feel like I can taste at about 50% and I'm obsessed with food. I dream about what I'm going to eat when I'm done with treatment and my taste buds recover. I watch cooking shows and salivate over what they're making. I can almost smell it and taste it through the TV. But actually eating with my blunted sense of taste is a letdown and I'm usually disappointed. I have lost about 17 lbs. since I started treatment 9/25/12. I do enjoy sweets more lately.
OMG I LOVE SWEETS its not even funny. I just basically ate a whole pan of rice crispy treats I made on tuesday. Gone today lol! It just seems like I am eating more now than I was before but with less fat. I will gladly take my taste buds back and lose my hair which is happening at a slow pace.
I agree with quitting the sweets after treatment and once I get done with this I am going to start working out to build my strength back up.