Hepatitis C Community
Eczema on Back of Head and Upper Neck

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Eczema on Back of Head and Upper Neck

Looks like I've got eczema on the back of my head and my upper neck, my doctor told me yesterday that it's most likely a side effect from the Hep C medication, which is all well and good but how to I get rid of it.  Where it's on my scalp, under my hair, I can't put any type of ointment on it.  Last night my boyfriend put some of his eczema salve on my neck and it did seem to stop the itching for a little while.  Does anyone else have any other thoughts or ideas on how I can get rid of this annoying virus?

How about a shampoo, is there one that I could purchase that might help out in some way?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give me!

Linda
Ther are treatments for eczema other than topical (ointment).
Here is an article.
http://www.medicinenet.com/eczema/page3.htm
Are you sure it's eczema? Treatment also causes psoriasis.
Get it properly diagnosed before you treat it..
I got interferon induced autoimmune skin problems towards the very end of my treatment (around week 65 or so).  So bad I itched myself raw and my face looked like it was covered in giant tomatoes the welts were so big (God I hated to come to work!)

I finally broke down and went to the doc (GI) and he was horrified by it and had no idea what to do so he sent me to a derm.  Well I wish I had gone weeks before I did because he gave me an ointment that cleared it up PRONTO.  The first application even took away the itch (which was worse than anything I'd ever gone through).

Get to a dermatologist - it's their business to know what to do and no matter how much I researched on the net and looked at pictures..........my diagnosis was completely wrong but his was not.

I used a steroid shampoo called clovex for about 2 weeks and got control of it (pescribed) and then used T-gel shampoo from then on,still have to year later, to keep control, never had to before treatment
My doctor was the one who diagnosed it for me, she looked at it and seemed to know right away what it was.  She said my immune system is compromised due to the riba/peg and this can cause it and the cold weather doesn't help either.  She told me about the T-gel shampoo and also told me to pick up this type of hydrocorisone spray (I forget the name) that will help me get it under control.  I used some last night after I got out of the shower and it didn't itch all night.  Fingers are crossed that it will do the trick.
Mangosteen is supposed to be effective against eczema....do a google
Arabian Garden soap worked perfectly for my daughter - all the eczema cleared up in two weeks after first use. Lots of coconut oil and manuka honey in the baby arabian soap, which seems to be the key. Otherwise fresh aloe vera seems very effective if you can get hold of it (must be fresh leaves)
Essential oils
Essential oils specific for eczema are: Geranium, cedarwood, ylang ylang, roman chamomile, arborvitae