Aa
A
A
Close
53833 tn?1235000229
Enlarged Red Blood Cells
Had blood test to see if I had gout for pain in my right hand. Blood work came back normal except for enlarged red blood cells. Those can be caused by several things, B-12 or folic acid deficiency, liver disease and some other things. Had Hep C 7 years ago - did tx and cleared and have tested Undetectable for past 6 years. Doc is now running blood work on liver function, thyroid, CBC, etc. I do take 1-1/2 to 2 vicodin (10/625 or 500) a day (not dr. prescribed) for various reasons (ie, irritable bowel syndrome, sinuses, allergies, etc). They take the edge off and I am careful to never take more than 1200 mgs at once (only take once a day). Get annual physicals and ALT and AST are always in the low normal range. Dr. has me freaked out but told me not to and said they could possibly be normal with today's blood work. I am hard to draw blood from and was stuck about 7 times yesterday. I was wondering if getting stuck that many times could in some way "traumatize" your blood cells from a foreign object entering your blood stream.

To all you going through tx, good luck and know that it will soon be a distant memory. Thanks.

Laurie
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Yes, blood cells can be damaged before, (which is why they don't want you to pump your arm before a draw) during (I'd say it's the poking around that will tramatize and area) & after a draw...I've had blood techs drop vials of blood on the floor....when I had taken phlebotomy classes, the warned us against shaking the vials of blood too vigorously...never mind dropping 'um.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
What Is Hepatitis C?
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Diagnosing Hepatitis C
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
Just Diagnosed? Here’s What’s Next
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
Understanding Hepatitis C Treatment
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
Your Guide to Hep C Treatments
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
Managing Side Effects of Treatment
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
Making Hep C Treatment a Success
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Recent Activity
3060903 tn?1398568723
Blank
3060903 tn?1398568723
Blank
Nighthawk61 uploaded new photos
Dec 15
3060903 tn?1398568723
Blank
Nighthawk61 Don't Get Frustrated - Get ... Comment
Dec 15
Hepatitis C Community Resources