Enlarged liver
I have just been told by my doctor that i have an enlarged liver, she is refering me to a specialist. She told me to watch my diet until i get in to see someone. What are the dos and donts when it comes to a healthy diet for someone with hep c?
I am guessing your doctor just means stay away from junk food and booze, but maybe you should have asked? I hope you are OK, I had an enlarged liver while in the acute stage of hep c.

I was at the "BodyWorlds" exhibit today - which is pretty interesting, lots of dead bodies on display. One of the items was an enlarged liver - you could actually see the indentations where the liver had expanded into the rib cage (not a harmful thing, but interesting). A liver is surprisingly heavy to hold
Hi, and welcome to this forum. It is normal to be confused and scared when one just finds out about this disease and an enlarged liver. What I personally did when I found out that I had hep c is eliminate all possible toxins from my diet. I don't say that you have to do the same and for most people it would be difficult to do it at once. I have been living quite healthy before I got diagnosed, so it was not such a big change. No smoking, no alcohol, no junk food and vegetarian.

Just take in consideration that everything you eat, drink and put on your body has at some time or another be processed by your liver.

I only eat organic produce
I only drink filtered water and have a water filter in the bathroom too
I stay away from all unhealthy fats, meaning that I only uses Virgin Coconut Oil for      cooking and Virgin Olive Oil and Virgin Sesame Oil in it's cold form
I stay away from most dairy products, as they make me sick
If you eat meats, use the lean organic kind
I also only use organic skin products, incl soaps, shampoo etc
I stay away from sugar
I stay away from all kinds of refined flours, refined salt etc

Maybe some think I am extreme, but this works very well for me and my liver enzymes went down from 156 to 52 after one month of making the changes.

I don't try to force this way of handling the situation onto anyone. But by just doing some of it, I would believe that it would help.

I personally think the most important would be to abstain from alcohol, fatty, fried and over processed and refined foods and cigarette smoking.

All the best,

Marcia