Hepatitis C Community
Excessive Urination, is it due to Tx

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Excessive Urination, is it due to Tx

Dear All

I have noticed that i am having excessive urination during Tx. First i thought it might be because of increase in water intake but surely thats not due to increase in water intake. Some time I have to go for urination after every 20-30 minutes which is very irritating. I have experimented to reduce water intake but again the excessive urination does exist. Especially it increase at night when i lay down to sleep. I have to go to washrooms atleast 3-4 time within first one hour of my sleep and then nothing at all during all night. Sometime it feels that my body doesnt accept water/liquid and every time i drink a glass of water i have to go to washroom for 2-3 times. I want to know if it happens to all during Tx, or its due to some other reason like prostrate inflamation (inflammation) etc???
You can try spacing it out - but your body eliminates water at it's own speed based on how much your body needs at that particular moment --- keeping yourself hydrated is VERY good.

However - if you're worried about your prostrate -- check with your doctor.

I DID go to the restroom more often during TX - and I had Insomnia - which isn't as bad these days - but was horrible for about 2 years --- now I'm a sound sleeper ---- but I had to go at all hours - and every time I went - it felt like I was right back in the bathroom again...

I guess you could try drinking half the amount --- and waiting - then drinking the other half --- to see if it causes you to go more often.

But --- if you think it might be related to a prostrate issue --- then get it checked.

And here's hoping *pardon the pun* that everything comes out all right.

*GRIN*

Meki
It is normal to have to go more often, because of the higher intake of water, but what you are describing sounds unreasonably much. It sounds like a typical urinary tract infection. Talk to your doctor about it.

Good luck,

Marcia
I am not a doctor so I can't tell you for certain what the problem may be but diabetes causes frequent urination and some people develop diabetes while on treatment.  You may want to have your blood glucose checked.
Good Luck
Trinity
Trinity is right.  You should have your doctor check a fasting blood sugar.
10356 commented on dominosarah's status
Jazmine6 Cleared the virus. It's a ... Comment
MH Community Mgr commented on mommy52's status
Feb 04
Track your weight over time