Hepatitis C Community
Exposure?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Exposure?

Hi everyone,

Please help me with this question.  Recently I was in a rental house and as we were preparing to leave, I had to strip the sheets off the bed.  I saw a spot of blood on the mattress pad and I was stupid and touched it with my finger.  I could tell the blood was from before we arrived because the sheet covering the mattress pad did not have blood on it, so it obviously dried before the sheet was put on. We arrived 40 hours before. Do I have a risk of Hep C?  My finger did not have any cuts (as far as I can see).  Thank you!
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
http://hcvadvocate.org/hepatitis/Basics/HepC%20Basics.pdf
"Hep C is spread or transmitted by
blood-to-blood contact. In other
words someone’s Hep C infected
blood would have to get into the
bloodstream of someone else."

No risk. :)
Blank
317787_tn?1373214989
Hello, no there is no chance that you have been exposed to anything by the dried blood, if it was dried blood
I hope you can get some help for your anxiety about HVC and HIV
Blank
96938_tn?1189803458
You have no idea what thoughts go through my mind when I touch gas pump handles, doors at public places, grocery shopping carts or just leaning on a fence at a ballgame.  Could they have micro droplets of blood from a random passerby?  Could that random passerby have some blood-borne disease?  Do I have any tiny cuts from my garage work over the weekend.  Is there potential danger everywhere I go, even in my own home or within my family?  I wonder.  Don't even want to think about hotels or amusement parks.
Blank
Blank
96938_tn?1189803458
Thanks.  Feeling better already.
Blank
agree with the rest no you cant get it like that and if you let things worry you that much then you would never do anything or go anywhere it sounds like you are over anxious maybe talk to doc about it before it takes over your life. Good luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank