Hepatitis C Community
EyesofBlue55 says "Hi"

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

EyesofBlue55 says "Hi"

EyesofBlue55 asked me to let her "hepper friends" here at Medhelp know she has started chemo for her cancer this week and "she is alright". Three days of chemo. Monday- Wednesday. She will now get 3 weeks to recover before her next round of chemo. She is doing well but is very weak so she wanted me to give her regards to all the caring folks here that helped her get to this point of taking on her cancer. She is now in very experiences and knowledgeable medical hands. She is at the best hospital in her area for treating her cancer.

If you'd like, I'm sure she would love to get a PM of support as she goes through her very difficult treatments. Chemo can really beat you up physically and mentally so any support I'm sure would be most welcomed.

Thanks everyone!!!

Hector
Thanks Hector. I was just thinking about her!
Thanks for the update Hector!
Thank you for letting us know Hector, will do on the pm, and hope your doing well also.

take care
Thx. H. . I had been in touch over the last few weeks ,however had not heard for a few days.

Hope you are feeling ok..
Will
Hi there, thank you, according to her she is also on *********** as the cancer support group here is not very active
Good idea to send more, thank you
thank you so much for the update.  i will send her a PM.  also, how are you doing these days.  hope everything is going well.  take care.  belle
Thank you everyone for asking about me. Here is the update of my hepatitis C, End-Stage Liver Disease and HCC (liver cancer).

I am tumor free for the first time since June of 2011. YES! Both my tumors were obliterated by my two TACE chemo treatments. (Thank you Interventional Radiology team. You are the best!) Yes, I am feeling very very lucky. Chemo side effects were hellish for me. And there were dark days that I thought the chemo might kill me along with the tumors. But it all worked out and it was well worth the temporary suffering. I now have a temporary reprieve from chemo so I am enjoying every moment that is pain free and without the stress of knowing a tumor in growing inside my liver that I have to battle with mentally every minute of every day in some way. I know the odds are good that I will have more tumors before I get my turn for a transplant. But I figure I can do as many chemos as I need to do to stay alive until December when I will have a MELD score of 34 (currently MELD of 25 for those interested) and probably be near the top of the transplant wait list.

I am feeling good and sometimes great. The next 3 days are supposed to be like Summer here in SF around 80 degrees. Since this is the last year I can sit in the sun I plan to do some beach time. Post transplant no sun ever again. Post transplant patients are highly prone to cancers and especially skin cancer. I have had my share of cancer (2 different types of cancer) and I don't recommend it. It can ruin your whole day! Maybe post transplant I can do a full body suit and surf? Whatever. I’ll deal with it then.

Thanks for the good wishes.
Please support EyesofBlue55 by sending her a PM to let her know you are thinking about her. When you are fighting for your life a word or two of kindness helps you make it though the day. When I think of what she is dealing with it puts my own illnesses into perspective. I got it easy and that is a humbling experience. There are others who are suffering way worse than ourselves and I feel it is helpful at least for me to think of them now and then, if not help them, when I meet them at my transplant center or online. Just a few words of encouragement, a hug, can work wonders when a person is suffering through a life and death situation. A big part of any illness is dealing with it mentally and support for others is truly “priceless” as the commercial says.

Thank you all for your good wishes. I wish everyone a happy day. Why? Cause we are all alive today and in my book that is a big reason to be happy today.

Cheers!

Hector
am tumor free for the first time since June of 2011. YES!
------------------------------------------------------
YES!!   for sure!

Enjoy friend....

Will
Congrats Hector that is fantastic news!!!!!!

Sending Eyes a PM.  Thanks for the update

Jules
That's wonderful news Hector!
I wish you all the best.

Mike
WOW Hector!!! That was great news to read this morning, good for you buddy. Prayers sent to Eyesofblue55, God willing she can have the same results.

Bob
Yes, I will PM our comrade.  Hector If you won't adopt me, could I adopt you?  I am so very proud to share air with you much less this incredible journey.  Love this site and our inspiring warriors on all levels.  I needed a pick-me-up and to read this interchange of concern reminded me of the humanity that makes life worthwhile.  Thank you.  

nice hector..thanks
I am inspired and heartened by the generosity and clarity you express under the shadow of your challenges. The concreteness of your comments are really helpful in the middle of the night when all the HCV fears just sit on your chest.......Feast on your life my friend! d
That is great news Hector, you have been through so much, I'm so happy you get to enjoy the rewards of your struggles...life can truely be a beautiful thing sometimes....
Thanks for staying in touch with eyes of blue, and letting us know about her.

Enjoy the glorious weather~ I'll be out there too, in my long sleeve gauzy shirt and big sunhat.

Stay well, my friend.
Sent the pm to eyesofblue but want to congratulate you too, that is truly great news Hector.
Great news today , so happy for you
that is fantastic news for you!!!  i am so happy for you.  you are one tough warrior.  i'm always interested in things you post on this forum.  you ROCK!!  take care.  belle
That's great news! Thanks for the update on your status as well as Eyes of Blue's. I'm rooting for both of you!

Pam
So happy to hear your news!
You are a GOLD person.
I read all your answers and all your " story".I am a  physician( family doctor) but I am a very anxious person.Before I started my 72 weeks treatment I  had  some big panic attacks and I had to  take AD.
When I saw how you answered to all the others I had feld shame.I could not take care of me,and you knew how to encourage almost every one  and give them correct and medical information
I WISH YOU THE BEST!!:)
Carmencita
wishing u a reprieve to collect yourself after all u have been thru and all you give out. i have a close friend who is recovering from a stem cell transplant and she said having a future again is such a gift. your help and struggles are so very inspiring. bless you hector, babs
Glad to hear that you are tumor free.  You are one amazing person - you inspire us all.  Hope that you get a little more smiling sunshine to brighten the days.
I'm embarrassed, but after I read your initial post on this thread and sent my pm to EyesofBlue I didn't watch the thread for several days, so I only now found that you had added the update to your own status. Wow, Hector, congratulations! I am SO happy for you! I will be even happier when you post the good news of having a new and fully functional liver, and I hope that can happen even sooner than you expect. You are the "jewel in the crown" of this forum, and I'm sure you've made an incredible difference in the lives of a huge number of people. Bless you.
-Saelon