Hepatitis C Community
FAT

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

FAT

Im debating if i should post pone my tx this friday...should i do this?...reason why im asking is i 10 -15 lbs over  weight....should i drop the 10 -15 first....is this a good strategy?...im at stage 2 and i wanna fight this thing bad....im thinkn juist go for it...im 210 right now...maybe br friday iil be very close to 200....
quit looking for excuses- I wish I was 210. Started @ 240 , now a little less.
V.L. undet. about week six of TX.
You are right....excuses is what it is.....i am gettin nervous...but not as bad as when i started my first tx...i actually had not too bad sides...headaces,  eye discomfort...muscle loss...this time i wont lose muscle....this organic whey is blowing me away...
Don't worry - you'll lose weight... LOL!

I'm one of the few folks that gained weight... There's a couple of us..

But hey--- I SVR'd... So see what happens to ya.

Meki
The organic way is blowing you up!!!  :)   Like Meki said - just go for it - what do have to lose?  Probably about 20 lb once you start!
I hate it when people see me lose weight...the doc visits for my blood work has to be done before noon...si i have no chioce to take part of the morning off...i have to tell them its a doc visit and they know something is up....sometimes i think they know at work...will the insurance company tell my employer?...wont they see the insurance premiums skyrocet?....i bet they all freakn know
the whey powder is putting on muscle and im losing fat...thats what i mean.
You want every reasonable edge possible, especially on your second attempt.  If you're serious about treating again, why not get serious about dropping that 10-15 (or even a few more) pounds.

If I could lose ten pounds (and 3 inches on the waistline) in the last couple of months, so can you.

Rocker, you're the biggest "health nut" here :) Now it's time to walk the talk and lose that weight !!!!

All the best with your upcoming treatment, fatso :)

-- Jim

Every 45 seconds, someone in America has a stroke. Every 3 minutes, someone dies of one. Stroke killed an estimated 163,538 people in 2001 and is the nation's third leading cause of death, ranking behind diseases of the heart and all forms of cancer. Stroke is a leading cause of serious, long-term disability in the United States. This site by the American Stroke Association presents comprehensive information on strokes

And i thought hep c was bad

Problem is i dont look fat....i carry my weight pretty good...at least my love handles are gone...i was 240 just a few years ago.
I know, in the morning I look like one of those space aliens the government is holding captive in New Mexico somewhere. I'm pale and thin and I'm pretty sure people think I must get tanked every night or else why would I look like I've been on a raging hangover for 4 months.  Insurance companies can't disclose to the employer - HIPPA law.  It's a violation and lawsuit if they do.  Even if the insurance department at your work processes the claims, they can't disclose to any other employees and they can't discriminate.   I deal directly with BCBS, don't use the agent for any questions.  I don't work for a big company so it's easy to take care of things myself.  If they know at work, they also know I don't want to talk about it so no one has mentioned a thing to me.  I don't care if they know, I just don't have the energy to explain the whole process right now.  Good luck and start the ball rolling Friday -   Just do it!
Trin
That's the second time Jim has called you Fatso.  I wouldn't take that kind of abuse if I was you!!  LMAO
Trin
Three strikes and your out....Jim...i know where you live so watch it brother.

LOL
Have you read Gauf's profile about his weight loss before starting his 3rd Tx?  He lost 65 lbs and seems to be responding really well this time to tx.  He has quite a lot about how he lost it in his journal and it seems to me it was pretty similar to what Jim is doing now.
He lost it quite quickly too and included lots of exercise. Check it out if you haven't already.  
Ev
Havnt read about Gauf...65 lbs is a lot of fat...did he use a wheel barrow to transport it to te curb?
If postponing your treatment a few weeks to lose weight will benefit your reaction to treatment, I would definitely do it. You are treating the second time and you want everything possible in your favor. And then you will also have an extra supply of meds, in case the next meds come late... Then you will never have to worry about some mess up ... Just like gauf suggests.

And... if you start later, I'll have a sparing partner :-)  selfish of me isn't it?

Good luck my friend.

Marcia
I put of treatment starting date more than once;  I could've started on the 11th June, but ended up starting 9th July when I was ready.  I think it made the first 2 weeks a lot easier to have set myself up with nothing to do and nothing on my mind.  Whatever works for you is what is right.  It's my 2nd time around (after mono) and I dreaded doing the miles again, but once started it's a voyage unto itself, with good stuff and bad stuff same as any other day.    

Work was stressful for me too - my comeback was a 'pre-cancerous condition'  that I don't want to discuss or even think about at work - stopped any more questions.

Trin, thanks for making me giggle and giggle (again) - I looked like one of those space aliens in the mornings before tx and am force feeding myself to keep the skin on the skeleton - when we escape from the toxic wastes we can hook up some time in the upper hemisphere :-).  
If you delay you might stroke out or have a heart attack before you have the pleasure of tx'ing again.  You don't want to miss out on that!  Just belly up to the bar and ask the 'tender for 'a shot with a riba chaser'.  That is the truth and the whey. Or, weight a while.  May be you should cut down from three pounds of apples per day to two.  Are you sure you're not a horse?
Yes, too much fruit will make you fat. Cut down on those carbs and you will lose some weight! All kidding aside, a lower BMI is a positive predictor for SVR. There is not much you can do to promote SVR once you start treatment other than to take all your meds, but there is one thing you can do pre-treatment and that is to lose the xtra weight as your doctor suggests. Can't believe a health-oriented fellow like yourself would even be asking the question. Just do it and when you lose the 20 pounds, then start to treat.

-- Jim
And, yes, having a few weeks xtra meds in the fridge is a must IMO. I got nervous if I didn't have at least an xtra 4 weeks supply of any of my meds -- peg, riba procrit -- at any given time.