Hepatitis C Community
FDA Approved At Home Test for Hep C

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

FDA Approved At Home Test for Hep C

Is there an FDA Approved At Home Test for Hep C that can give you the results in a few minutes? If so: What is the name of it? Who manufactures it? Who distributes it?
They have FDA approved at home test but the sample must be sent in, also it is only an antibodies test and if positive you would need to see a doc for more blood test to confirm an active HCV infection.

http://www.homeaccess.com/Hepatitis_C_Test.asp
You're welcome to use our free voucher for a mail in test.  It is part of our "Test the Rest" campaign to find infected veterans but it can be used by ANYBODY.  Print the voucher, mail in the $10 donation and the lab will send you the test kit.  The test is done by a reputable lab and it is anonymous. The test kit includes a number you give the lab when you call to obtain your results.  

Please be aware that HCVets makes no money from this.  If you know a veteran please pass it to him.  Help us find them so that we can "Test the Rest"!.

http://hcvets.com/TestTheRest/FreeVoucher.htm

Co
This program is not being promoted  though the VA is it now? Va only pays for lab work via VA or fee basis. I would not give any unsecured info to this service. Just my humble opinion
jewls....the test is done by an independent, reputable lab.  It has nothing to do with the VA.  We started this project because the VA is not testing many of the veterans.  They don't tell them that military service is a risk factor and many are infected and don't know it.  The VA is not interested in finding them but we are.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Co
This is really a good thread

I found it when I looked up "Test the Rest" HCV Vets

It also took me to www.hcvets.com

This subject needs awareness
Thank you
The United States Department of Veterans Affair offer extensive up to date
information about Hepatitis C under Veterans Services, Public Health.
They are the single biggest provider of Hepatitis C treatment and it shows
in the presentation of information to the public.   The information on this
site for Hepatitis C treatment is really easy to read and understand.