Hepatitis C Community
Fatigue

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Fatigue

So I was supposed to go to training today.  I've been exhausted all week.  Overslept this morning.  Must have hit the snooze button too many times or something.  My coworker came to pick me up.  He knocked, rang the doorbell, attempted calling me, etc.  Never heard any of it.  I feel really embarrassed.  Wondering if this could be related to the HCV infection or if I simply had a bad start to the morning.  I've heard that fatigue gets worse with treatment.  This really worries me.  Anyone else have similar stories or input to share?

...Snoozy in CA.  
Fatigue is a very common side effect of tx.  It stayed with me all the way through.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  If you need to sleep.....sleep.  I became a TV junkie, spent a lot of time on the Forum and walked when I could.  Good news is after tx. energy returns quickly.

Good Luck - Lynne
Thanks for the input Lynne.  Yeah, I'm not even treating yet.  If I'm this tired now, wondering what I'm going to be like on tx.  There's been a lot of stress at the new job as well, so I'm sure that has something to do w/it.  Anyhow, thanks for your response.
I am 13 wks into treatment fatigue is not that bad. But I really have a hard time getting out of the bed. I used to up by 7 at the latest, now I can hang with it until 10 or 11 unsual for me
IMO just think if u r already really tired now, its due to hcv so if u do tx u will most likely feel bit more fatigued but at least when u finish tx and beat the virus(hoping u do)then all ur fatigue probs will be gone unless u have other probs,so whats a yr out of ur life with a lil more fatigue so u can get rid of ur fatigue probs 4ever.the longer we put of tx the more fatigue we will most likely get,plus if our liver progressively gets worse each yr then it is only goin to get harder to get cured,cos people with a fair bit of liver damage tend to not get cured as easy as some1 with minimum damage.
good luck
Fatigue is a symptom, and seems a more common one, for this disease.  I believe it is slightly different than during TX as the fatigue most, myself included, experience during TX is because of the anemic condition many find themselves having to deal with.

The good news is that there are means of combating the anemia during TX, but the downside is that it often does not return our levels to normal.  The other side of the coin is that for most, it's that first crash of our HgB which is the worse and hardest to adjust too after that the drops are nearly as devastating since we are not experieincing new territories. The net effect, which also seems to be why so many hit the wall during TX, is that feeling crappy begins to feel normal.