Federal Funding for Hepatitis C Reseach
Please help lend your voice and let us who are affected by this horrible
disease and write congress and tell them we need to educate others on this
disease they have put so much into AIDS research and to find a cure but we
have people that don't know or every heard of Hepatitis C.

Hepatitis C is compared to AIDS in alot of ways and people are misimformed.

So please we need to get funds to spread the word of this disease!

The Hepatitis C Virus infection persists in 85% of cases, and often has no
symptoms until liver damage has occured, many years after infection. It too
can cause cirrhosis, liver cancer and liver failure and it is responsible
for 8,000 - 10,000 deaths per year.

HCV is spread through blood to blood contact.

So please lend a hand and help me in this fight!

http://capwiz.com/congressorg/sbx/f/?aid=6523661&r=1

http://www.HopeforHepC.bravehost.com
Multiple posting/please use for new topic

Ahhh..my opportunity! I start Tx on Monday. I am starting in the morning. Everyone keeps asking me ..why? Three reasons. One My SO has mild MS and shoots her interferon on Friday night, she sometimes has a reaction.  I do not think it wise to have us both shooting up on the same night and she can not change  her time, Two, I have concluded that the reaction to Peg usually occurs 4-6 hours after the shot. So shooting Friday night and sleeping could lead to feeling crappy Saturday morning. I would rather feel crappy and then sleep. And three, I do not want to screw up my weekends! Ha! We usually drive to Vermont every weekend in the winter to ski. Who knows if that will still happen!. But If possible I want to keep my ability to ski intact. I am lucky because I can work on the weekends or during the week, it doesn
you may want to purchase a video game of skiing...and drink your coffee it won't have an effect on your tx
I heard that!
Hey buddy, I drank coffee all tjrough tx no problem.Though you probably won't crave it like you do normally. And Lou, you're not shooting up now-you've become civilized-you're injecting legally prescribed medicine.Got it?
    Ok then, so when you shoot up-Good Luck and enjoy your coffee. Oh, and the advice to drink lots of water sounds silly but you will see. Drink lots of water.
I drank one cup through the first months, then this nasty stomach cramping started and the many unwanted visits to the "rest" room finally put a stop to it. Enjoy it while you can.

as for the shot, do it at night. I do mine Monday night and sleep off whatever sx, which were not many to the shot itself, one vicoprofen and off to la la land I go.

The drying effect of the meds will be more apparent during the winter, when humidity is low. so store up on some U-lactin for the skin. My GI Rx biotin, zinc, vit e and nioxin products for the hair.
Might wanna stock up on MREs

They Work... & are good Too... Not Like The old Days!!!
Got a supplier # if you are interrested... Same stuff our Military Guys EAt!!!
:)
I would like to know how you prepare green tea.  I've come to like it myself and have my own way, but always like a new idea.
Great Post... as always.....
hey lou,
a couple of weeks ago I read about your biopsy - I was happy to know it is good, that's a good start !
I have no advice about coffee, I drink very little of it. I've heard arabica is poorer in coffein than the other qualities, so you might combine flavour and low coffeine content together using it (right?). almost all the caffeine I drink these days, I get from green tea. I ended up liking it, I've been taught how to avoid making it taste like boiled spinachs. it's easy, if you are interested I'll write it next time.  some green teas are simply fantastic now that I know how to get the best out of them, have a real PARFUME back taste.
ciao luigi, a presto!  I'll send good wishes your way for your first shot. and all the best to your wife too.
anna
Start tx the way you intend to live during tx - your body will tell you when you need to change things.  I take the shot at night:) I take the biggest dose of Riba in the am and the last dose by 3:000pm - it really helps with the insomnia; don't forget to buy the pill cases; you will need them:). If you are skiing this winter you will need EXTRA protection against the cold; your skin will suffer.  Already I'm getting more of the paper cuts since the temps have dropped a little  - they were non existent during the warm, humid summer months?  You cannot drink enough water, remember at least half your body weight in ozs.  You are going to be just fine, Lou - your 12 week trest will be clear and you will remain clear with SVR at your 6 month post!
Very best of luck to you:).
Thank you all for your post. I am out the door to go buy some items now. However the green tea and other stuff also I would like to know more PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE e-mail me at the e-mail below. Again, thank you and make it a great day.

***@****

LOU
well it
Anna!Hello!The Simones retuned! I was so happy and thought of you immediately. No worries I will wait until I am old and gray for an e-mail from you!!!Thanks for the tea info. Take care.

Luigi
yes,  the simone !!! thanks luigi, it's really sweet of you...

I was sooooo happy about it and I wanted to celebrate!!!  as you may guess, alcohol wasn't appropriate and my fridge couldn't offer anything better than greek yogurt. poured a large dose of honey in it and then I was so emotional that I dropped the whole thing on the floor !!! it sprayed all over in the ray of three meters around, I have spots on the ceiling (which I had painted MYSELF in last august's haze... puf puf...). so now I'll have a long lasting souvenir of that day.

our italian friends are back, but many others have not been so lucky. and all the people who live there and experience desperation every day are longing for peace. let's all hope they will have it soon. let's support peace operators.
anna