Hepatitis C Community
Federal Funding for Hepatitis C Reseach

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Federal Funding for Hepatitis C Reseach

Please help lend your voice and let us who are affected by this horrible
disease and write congress and tell them we need to educate others on this
disease they have put so much into AIDS research and to find a cure but we
have people that don't know or every heard of Hepatitis C.

Hepatitis C is compared to AIDS in alot of ways and people are misimformed.

So please we need to get funds to spread the word of this disease!

The Hepatitis C Virus infection persists in 85% of cases, and often has no
symptoms until liver damage has occured, many years after infection. It too
can cause cirrhosis, liver cancer and liver failure and it is responsible
for 8,000 - 10,000 deaths per year.

HCV is spread through blood to blood contact.

So please lend a hand and help me in this fight!

http://capwiz.com/congressorg/sbx/f/?aid=6523661&r=1

http://www.HopeforHepC.bravehost.com
What's up with all these rookies and their multiple posts????:-)
That's really great news. Congratulations are in order. As far as additional testing goes I would want a 1 year test to make sure but things look really good for you. Good luck. Mike
I still think a membership fee will curtail all these multiple postings. If you have to pay, you think twice about posting anything. It looks as if this person might be in the same league as juliany, our other weekly poster.

This post is soliciting which is against MH rules, CIndy and Phil need to be made aware of it.
I agree with paying a fee, maybe alot of this nosense would stop!  Today I do 52\52  I have made this also long ride and I'm glad it's over> Good luck to you all. I'll still be here reading your post , cheering you on.  SVR to all!!!!  Jill
Hey!Wonderful news. Now you really are cured.
Although it is extremely unlikely that you would get it from him in this way, I can understand that you would be a bit wary. Me, I think I'd use condoms, at least until I knew him a bit better. Are you sure he doesn't have HepB or HIV?
I got my 6 mo. PCR results while I was visiting family in Illinois last week.  Undetectable!  Will I need to have follow on tests?  I spoke to the nurse and she said all tests were in the normal range.  She was going to ask the doc about the need for more testing in the future and whether I can consider myself "cured".  To jevs2:  I wouldn't want to take the chance and would use condoms, but then, I won't even have a manicure or pedicure after all of the stuff I've been through!  I'm so happy to be getting all of this behind me.  Thanks to all for your support, caruu
way to go!, Oh! Happy Days!...( gospel music background)
I haven't been around for ages, my 6month PCR is undetectable,but that is not what I wanted to say .
I have just found a guy I really like alot he is HCV+ but not ready to think about tx.
Is unprotected sex completely out of the question?
What are the stats on re-infection?
Best wishes
Joanna
<u>mother of three</u> - <b>Congratulations</b> on making it the entire way!!! Now, it's on to SVR-land for you!!!

<u>caruu</u> - and speaking of SVR-land .... <b>YOU'RE A PERMANENT RESIDENT!!!</b> Congratulations on kissing the monster goodbye - forever!!!

TnHepGuy
Congrats on your 6mo-a biggy indeed. You done good. Now Live Good.
Caruu & J:  fantastic news:)  Whoopee!*!*
Do you really think continuing to get pedicures and manicures is a bad thing?
I have acrilic and get my nails done every two weeks and now I'm wondering if it's a good idea?
Linda
I really don't know what the chances are of hcv being transmitted via a manicure or pedicure, but I don't want to take any chances of being reinfected.  If I decide to have them in the future, I'll take my own file, clippers, etc. so I don't have to worry about it.  Galen?  What's your advice on this (as our resident beautician)?  caruu
caruu & jevs...Congratulations!!

Mother of three,,,I bet you are so relieved,,,last shot!! Yeah! Keep us posted on how you are feeling..
It is a good idea for EVERYONE who gets manicures or pedicures to have and use their own kit.  They are readily available at your local beauty supply store.  If your esthetician has any objections I strongly suggest you find another.  Our shop offers then for sale tho not everyone wants one.  Sally Beauty Supply, located nationwide, sells a student kit that contains a plastic cuticle pusher, toenail nipper, metal cuticle pusher/nail cleaner, and salon board.  I would add a couple of files in different grades and a pumice sponge or rock.  I warn against razors for calluses.  If you have a problem with them use a product that heals them, don't cut them off as that can promote infection.
Hi Chev, thanks for the good wishes.  I didn't see your message, but gather from some posts that you also got good news.  That is terrific!  So happy for you.

I heard back from the docs office.  The nurse read the docs note to me "tell patient this is a very good indication of long term eradication of the virus, call her back in 6 months for a liver panel ".  She says he won't perform the hcv test unless the liver panel shows elevation.  I guess I'll have to ask if I want the PCR test done.  Anyway, it's all good for now.
Thanks for the kind words.. Feel better every day.
Jill,,,Yes,,LOL  We do have our shares of drama at med help but you got to admit,,,it can be funny!  So many different people on tx,,off tx,,,I guess it makes for a good shake up once in awhile haha

Chev,,,,,(((((Hugs))))) You are the greatest!!
Yes as far asI know I just finish the riba, I also had to have a Groshon cathater put in my chest, I was getting blood work every week, and hospitalized a couple times, my veins just guit giving blood! Plus it made it alot easier. Thanks to all for your kind words. I don't post alot. there was alot of drama going on, but made for interesting reading at times.  JIll
CONGRATULATIONS!  Big party on the SVR bus this weekend.

Mom of 3:  Congratulations.  What's a few more pills between friends?  Next stop, SVR.
Maj Neni