Hepatitis C Community
Fibromyalgia Hep C

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Fibromyalgia Hep C

I was diagnosed with Fibro in '95.  Six years later, 2002, my viral load was high and I was put on a 48 week treatment (Pegntron & ribovarin).  My viral load count went to 50 but I still feel lousy.

I completed tx in August 2003 and four months later I still have flu-like symptoms and aches/pains which have left me unable to return to work (yet!).  My doctor says I should not be experiencing any side affects from the tx, but that I have chronic Fibro.

Has anyone experienced a combo of Fibro + HEPc?  Or, did anyone get Fibro symptoms after tx was completed?  Thanks
I dont know for sure if I have fibro, but I had a questionaire I found on a website to diagnose yourself.  I filled it out and I did have a lot of the symptoms. Then I filled out another one for Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (AADD) and I fit that one too. Then there was one for Depression and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder/Syndrome...no, you dont have to guess, I fit that one too. Plus Post Polio Syndrome...yup I got that too.  So what I am trying to say is nothing would surprise me and having a label for my symptoms can be somewhat relieving so you can say See! I knew I had something! Its not all in my head!!

Here is a link to an FM (fibromyalgia) message board and chat room.... http://forums.delphiforums.com/fmsupport/messages

And this one, you can join to be a member and chat, but you can view messages without joining.  The lady who is the moderator for that group I believe has FM too, her name is AlleyPat. She is very helpful and knowledgable about Hep C too.
I am in my 24th week of tx for Hep C, 24 to go! yippee yea whooo hooooooo.  (dammit if I was a 2 or 3 genotype I would be DONE!!)  lol, aw hellsbells :)  OHC

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/happyheppers/messagesearch?query=fibromyalgia
I'm sure not gonna take any of those tests-I could get sick!LOL
I too fit into almost all of those catagories.........I know how it feels to be 1/2 way done. CONGRATES on making this far.  I've just finished week 38/48 Wow only 10 more to go..... woohooo!!! I just finished helping my mom make over 25 doz christmas cookies.... boy am I pooped. I just popped in a tv dinner for my hubby. Well I just got a major brain fog....... Happy trails!!!
Although I am the one with Fibromyalgia and my husband is the one on TX for Hep C, we often complain of the same symptoms.

I was told by my Rhumetologist that those who suffer from Fibro will experience longer "cure times".  For example, if you have Fibromyalgia and you break your arm, you may need 8 weeks in a cast as opposed to the average 6 weeks.  Or, if you get the flu, it may take you longer to get over it than the average person.  Also, any "shock" to the body can bring on a major flare up of Fibro.  TX would be considered a shock. There is no cure for Fibro, just pain management, so you could just be going through a flare up.

You don't mention if you are/were being treated for the Fibro. I suggest you talk to your primary doctor (or Rhumetologist if you have one) about how to manage your Fibro.  Some people have such severe symptoms with their Fibro that they are on permanent disability. TX may have put you in that category.
I never realized that these two things might be connected...
But, now that I've read your posts-I guess they are..!
Because-I've thought I had Fibromylgia (fibromyalgia) for quite some time...
And I just found out a few months ago-that I have Hep. C..
And, here I thought-I didn't have any symtoms (symptoms) for it...
-Shawn-