Hepatitis C Community
Finally crossed the finish line!

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Finally crossed the finish line!

I’ve finally crossed the finish line tonight and done with 48 weeks of SOC.  The reality has not sunk in yet.  It seemed so distant a short time ago and now it’s finally here. No more jabs or pills to swallow.  I haven’t missed a single dose throughout – not sure I could say the same if I was doing triple.  My hats off to those adhering to the tough schedule and extra fat.  

I've been lucky throughout tx having only a few rough spots with major rash and learned to accept the flu-like feeling as the norm.  After 11 months, I’m not sure what normal is.   Since it took me around 3-4 weeks to feel the full effects of the meds at the beginning of tx, I'm guessing it will take about the same to start feeling a difference after eot.  I'm ready to put away the tricycle and get out the big wheels very soon. :-)

I was able to work all the way through tx, only missing a few hours here and there for doc appts. Work actually helped me stay focused on something else and gave me purpose each day to get moving.  I was fortunate to go into tx in good physical condition with no other medical issues, at least none that I'm aware of.   I'm hoping to walk away with no residual side effects, but time will tell down the road.

It’s hard to express how grateful I am to so many others on the forum throughout tx.  The caring and compassion is overwhelming at times and the knowledge and information shared is phenomenal.   It’s interesting to see new members coming in, many with similar concerns, while others help to assist and calm their nerves and answer their questions.  We were all new and scared in the beginning and others reached out to extend their help.  Each and every post touches someone in some way.  This is an awesome place with many wonderful people, some going through some very difficult challenges, yet still reaching out to help.  I feel so humbled sometimes.

To those going through tx, keep plugging away, one day at a time. You will get there sooner than you think. With the help of this forum, you can do it.

I'll post an update on the PCR's at 3 and 6 months. I'll be poking around here, so not saying goodbye, just saying thank you to all my friends!  You folks have been so instrumental in helping me get through tx.
congrats to you on completing 48!!! Was this your second attempt? Done is done and it feels weird not having to think about taking pills. Its been two days for me and still a little confused in the morning about my routine. I'll be right with you on the 3 and 6 month, prayers and fingers crossed to all that are done!!!!!!!
good for you...thats a long tx......billy
congratulations!!!  it must be a relief to finally be done.  i hope you start feeling back to normal real soon.  i have 9 more weeks today.  can't wait for my moment.  take it easy.  belle
Good deal, it shouldn’t be too long before you start to feel better. For what it’s worth, both times I treated my blood values returned to normal within 30 days post treatment; I felt much improved even twelve to fourteen days out. Please keep the group up to speed on your results as they show themselves, and best of luck-

--Bill
Wow - that's huge!  48 weeks - that's a long time.  I'm so happy for you, and really hope you do stick around.  Maybe not as much, since you'll be out on those crazy long rides, but come by to share your wisdom once in a while, OK?
I think your amazing and so happy to hear that you are done!  Way to stick out the doses.  It is tuff sometimes especially with this brain fog! Im right behind you, got three weeks to go!  Yes please let us know how you are getting along.  And you are so right about us helping the new folks around here.  I myself have been lacking in that area.  Need to just acknowledge and say hello even if you cant do anything else.  I sure will try harder to get out there.  How easy I forget at this point that once I was here for the first time!  
Best wishes  
Lydia
Great news, soon you will be trading up that tricycle to a big boys bike. Looking forward to your SVR post... You have earned it.

Best,
Zach
Great News, it won't take you long to recover. I hope all goes well for you and you get back to your old self soon. I commend everyone who completes tx,we
are all tough.
Just want to say thank you for your inspiration.  It's good to know it can be done.....thank you.
millie
Ah my friend and companion along the ride, I am so happy to have shared this race with you, although I only met you half way :)
You have always been kind, helpful, and upbeat.
Thank you, congrats and. . . on to SVR !!!
Yeah great news, I have 17 weeks to go. Being my 8th treatment I will tell you. It always takes me like 3 months to start feeling better. I always say you don't realize how lousy you felt until you start feeling better. Can't wait to see you post SVR!
I have been taken out of work until 9/4 it is like a 200 lb weight off my shoulders. Luckily I have income protection and my insurance is paid. I am still batteling anemia with this treatment.
So very happy for you! I can see many rides and roads in your future, wind in your hair, sun on your face, smile in your heart!
Congratulations!
Congratulations FL ... Hoping you get the Best Results !

Try not to stress buddy .. work, riding , enjoying the Fl sunshine ..
Post Tx stress can be as challenging as pre tx stress .. if not more so ..

You'll start to feel better soon .. doesn't take long for HgB , RBC & platelets to rise ...

For me my 4 Wk. post cbc's still had some readings below normal .. WBC related .. RBC related were good .. and , by Wk. 8 they were all in range .. this last week - 10 days I've been feeling really good : )

You soon will too !

Take care & Enjoy, Aaron

Couldn't agree with you more on your comments about this forum!!  Man you have come through 48 weeks with flying tricycle colors!!  I am thrilled you get to return to 'normal' now.  CONGRATS!!

Thank you for your help, encouragement and advice,
Hugs,
Bee :)
Congrats! You're an inspiration to the rest of us!! Big Cheers! GB
Congratulations!! And I will thank you for the comforting answers you've given me here on this forum. You being a veteran and me being a nervous newbee :)

I hope you can lend out your tricycle now that you won't need it anymore - good luck on the big wheels - wish you all the best :)

I am so happy for you! Congratulations and keep us posted. Keep drinking water,it helps, and take it slow for a few weeks then build up. It's just so wonderful when you start returning to your old self!
Congratulations, you've been a big help on this forum, that's a long haul. I'm just starting my 12th week on triple with vic today and if all goes well after my next PCR (keeping my fingers crossed) I'll have 36 more weeks to go.

Regards
Charlie
Congratulations!  I am so happy to hear and yes it will take a bit for you to feel better however for me it was faster than I realized.
I am so very happy for you
Hugs ((()))
Dee
p.s. You are so right about the loving, caring people on this forum.  They helped me continue tx when all I wanted to do was stop.  I think my blood work was in the normal, though low, range within 2 to 3 weeks and platelets were as high as they had been since 2004
Again, so very very happy for you
It is really wonderful that you have completed treatment and are now on the road to recovery. Here's wishing you SVR and a great life ahead. Do keep us posted. We need the encouragement and good news.
Congratulations on the end of 48 weeks. I wish you the best. I have enjoyed your sense of humor which you somehow managed to keep thru tx. God bless you and I hope to read of your SVR in 6 mos!
G
Congratulations on a job well done. I really mean that. You have been an inspiration to me because of the way you were able to not only work during your whole treatment but to also keep on biking even though you may have cut back your normal miles, you still kept up your pace.
Like can-do-man says, now you may be able to trade in your tricycle for a big boy bike... I highly recommend a V Twin...lol    
Good Job and see ya at the SVR finish line....
Gene
Congratulation. Hoping you remain virus free.
Hey friend..congrats on this ! Have always been impressed with the fact you went the whole 48 and have left nothing to chance.
I know you are aware of your chances of overall success and that they couldn't be much better
I would also like to thank you for your insightful ,sometimes humorous and very helpful contribution to the forum while undergoing treatment yourself.

Hope you do stick around as your input is certainly appreciated.

Best to you..
Will
Congratulations.  I am ready for your historical views.

Good luck in SVR.
Congratulations!  What a major accomplishment....I have heard before  what Rockymo said about not know how bad you felt untill you start to feel better...you get use to feeling run down...I bet I"ll have so much energy when i'm done and recovered, I will probably repaint my whole house in one shot, ha...

Best of luck to you, you have been a big help...I hope you stick around, but if you decide to just go live and enjoy your life that would probably make me feel even better....cause after all, that's really the goal I suppose :)
Congratulations. I know how you are feeling as I just finished a week ago. Enjoy your freedom. Thank you for all your input. Best of luck to you. 48 is a long time
what a great accomplishment and so much inspiration in your postings. i expect u to be feeling so much better soon. all the best, babs824
Congrats on completing tx.  I am looking forward to seeing the SVR post.
I know what 48 weeks is like - I relapsed 7 years ago - Congratulations to you - quite an achievement - Fred
Congrats!  I'm at week 26 of 48 and I'm right behind you.  Hopefully we'll both SVR.  Hope you start feeling better!  Great accomplishment.
BIG HAPPY CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!!!  It seems like just yesterday you started but it was a long year.  You fell feel good as new before you know it.  Go live your life my friend.  

Such wonderful news!!!
Im doing the dance for you.

Another angel has got it's wings!!
48 and free and wishing the very best.

Reva
Thank you my fellow Warriors for all the kind words and insight.  It is very touching to hear.  I just had a Vit D, tsh and PCR done at EOT.  Will get the result on Monday.  I think I would miss some of the people here too much, so don't plan on stepping away.  

As much as I've received from this forum, I like to give back from time to time when I can.  I think what impresses me most about this forum are those that are either finished or in a holding pattern who continue to offer their guidance and advice.  This is invaluable to those seeking information.

The reality of eot is sinking in a bit today.  I'm imagining that breathing is slightly easier, the cough subsiding, but I'll find that out tomorrow morning on my ride.   I don't plan to push the pace, but instead increase the distance gradually over time.  I'm in no hurry to push things, it will come when ready.

Stay focused fellow warriors, if I can do it, you can too.  Big hugs to you all.
Well, good for you. I knew we were close, next thursday is my last shot so you hit the finish line!  Fantastic.   I am coming up right behind you, thanks for all you kind words and encouragement this past year. You have made me laugh!   Enjoy your new life and your bike ride in the morning, ride free!!

Love,   Mo
Man I LOVE this post. I'm so very very proud of your mental strength n endurance. You have shone your light in a dark space for so many.
I'm crying. Picturing you doing your stretch n heading out. Take your time. I know you're more than ready mentally. Please keep on posting and giving updates..... When you're ready to sit n do your cool down. Haha!
A joyful day for sure! Woohoo!
Xoxo Karen :)
May SVR be yours-God bless!
"As much as I've received from this forum, I like to give back from time to time when I can."

And you've certainly given plenty while you have been around here.  Thanks so much for all your valuable contributions and hope you start feeling better soon,

dointime
Very happy for you!  It won't be long know and you'll be feeling like you old self on your bike.  I felt MUCH better within two weeks. I hope this is the case with you if not sooner.  You handled tx really well I thought you should be very proud.  Good luck with SVR, looking forward to that thread!!
Congrats! and good luck on to SVR!
Elaine
Big congrats to you!!! That is an achievement to go through 48 weeks of therapy. Speedy recovery and best of luck to you in the future.
Congrats on finishing tx, wishing you all the best moving forward.

Keith
A hearty congratulations. On to SVR and recovery!
Good luck,
Dave
Good Job-time does fly I imagine and when you start,the end seems soooo far away.Hope you start feeling better and better from one day to the next.One more dragon gone to the grave.....cindy
Congratulations on making it to the end of treatment!  Best wishes for SVR!
Advocate1955
Really, really happy for your success!  You took the scenic route, the long route and I salute you.  A standing ovation is in order.  You are a hero and a very compassionate one at that!  Thank you for being here.  You made a difference.
So Very Proud of your Perseverance !  Kudo's many Kudo's !  Praying for SVR for you and all of us Warriors.      Hugs and more Hugs ,   Carrie