Hepatitis C Community
First Doctor's visit ????

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

First Doctor's visit ????

Hey Everyone!!!!!,

I started my treatment on Oct2.  Things have been going pretty good.  I have my first follow up visit today with my doctor and was wondering what all I need to tknow..... When I first logged on here everyone was asking me questions like whats your geno type, what is your viral load.... So can you guys help me figure out what is the basic info that I need from my doctor?  Thanks and have a great one.  Keep God close!!!!!
Tags: visit
Hello Sally,

Some things you will want to know and understand as time passes are: genotype, viral load, liver function test results, biopsy results, medication dosages and before long you'll want to know your red, white and overall hemoglobin results.  

All of these are factors that effect your prognosis and how you may feel throughout treatment.  The are all subject to change and you will want to keep up with that.  

The key is to understand the result in these areas, not just to know the numbers.  You'll need to study up on the medical terminology and biological repurcussions related to the terms.  

I'm sure there is more but cannot think of them right now.  Don't go and drive yourself crazy trying to learn all of this in one day.  Take it easy and slowly over time.

Joey
The first question on my list would be when are you going to give me my first PCR and definitely make sure it's going to be in the next two weeks when you are finished with week 4 treatment at least. How often will he be giving you your tests?

I'd also ask how my liver enzymes are doing because they can give you some idea of how treatment is going sometimes.

Those would be my top two questions for sure.