Flaxseed oil
Has anyone used flaxseed oil for the 20g's of fat.  I thought if I mixed it with a fruit smoothy it would be tolerable and I also found a flavored flaxseed oil but that was pretty expensive. I want to try to use the "good" fat for protease inhibitor.  This anti-depressant already has me eating like crazy.  I start this Friday Yikes!!
Let's see if we can move you up for some answers.
Yes. Add to oatmeal is great. Or in an avocado! Super healthy fat. Good luck.
When my wife was preparing for an operation, her lab work showed her liver counts to be very high, near 200.  The Dr. said, many things eaten  could raise these levels.  They wanted to know if she had eaten cereal with flaxseed and said flaxseed could have a large effect. I mention this so you'll know if it happens to you.

bon appe'***

Griz
that was supposed to look like, bon appe'***.

Griz
this is causing me to wonder.
bon appe'***

or  Have a nice day, which ever comes first

Griz
I am in the all oral study with PSI 7977 and BMS 790052.  I just called my coordinator two days ago about flax seed oil and B-12 supplements.. We DO NOT have to take out meds with fat I just wanted to add it to my morning shake for health.  She said she would get back to me.  The answer was NO flaxseed oil and yes to the B12.  Just so funny to me that this question came up.  I  once heard "Coincedance is G-d way of staying annoymus" Lol!!
i just started treatment with telaprevir, and have used flax seed oil for the fat on one dose and will use it again.  the problem with flax seed oil is it goes rancid really fast.  so if you are going to use it make sure you buy from a very reliable source that refrigerates the oil and check the date. yesterday i bought an 8 ounce bottle of barlean's flax oil that was pressed on 9/15/10 with an expiration of 3/15/11.  so make sure it is supper fresh. rancid oil will cause liver damage.
eric
Is the only problem with flax seed that it goes rancid quickly or is there any other reason to avoid it.  

Is the problem only on treatment? If I'm not being treated and my liver is in bad shape is this a problem? I grind flax seeds and sprinkle in food for the omega 3 and never before heard that this could be a problem...now I'm getting nervous.

I just did a quick search and didn't see anything.

Thanks.
i would not worry about the seeds, as long as you consume them immediately after grinding and periodically buy fresh seeds.   here is a something i found after running a search for rancid and flax.  
Oxidation/Rancidity: The oil in flax is highly unsaturated. This means that it is very prone to oxidation (rancidity) unless it is stored correctly. The very best way is nature’s own storage system –- within the seed. Flax seeds not exposed to large amounts of heat stay safe to eat for at least a year. However, flax meal, and especially flax oil, are a different story. The meal, stored away from heat and light, will keep fresh for a few months, and the oil must be protected by refrigeration in dark containers, preferably being consumed within a few weeks of opening.
I initially just googled flax seeds and elevated liver enzymes...thanks for doing my homework for me  :-D