Hepatitis C Community
Floating stools = Peak Immunity viral suppression

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

I recently came across an intersting piece of info which states that around 80% - 90% of HIV and HCV reproduces in the intestines.  Also, that when the virus is being suppressed in the intestines due to antiviral therapy a persons stools will float in the toilet due increased t-cell activity.  It is also a fact that most of our immune system is in our intestines called "Peyers Patches".  So my question is, has anyone noticed on therapy that their poop began to float when they cleared or were on their way to clearing?
I wouldn't ever have noticed such a thing or anything like it really...it wouldn't occur to me in a million years.

St. George - there is really no way to tell who is going to clear or not other than going by the general odds.  As far as I can tell nothing will really "help" you clear or determine if you will except for taking the meds correctly and on time and eating well and properly to take care of the liver.

I wish there were short cuts and hints but...there is nothing like "all skinny people over 5'7 with brown hair and freckles have a better chance if they use milk thistle and poop green".

It's really in God's hands.  

You need to spend energies learning about the type of things that will help you and then just go for it instead of trying to figure out if you will clear or not.

That will drive you nuts!
Hey Girl, its so great to see you here, I sure have missed you also...Its been a crazy few years, seems like we should have a reunion, like a graduating class :)

I think about a bunch of you, and the time we went thru Tx together, I truly hate to see how many more are treating,
I know how difficult it is, but they all seem to be a a bunch of strong fighters!!!!

Oh, and I cant seem to have a comment for this thread...
To much of a mental picture..."yuck"

Thanks for the smile My Friend, I hope your doing well

As Always,

Dallas
Pre, during and post-tx, I only dropped “depth charges”. I will go and eat a can of whipped cream and see if I can get a floater.
Stool me once shame on you - stool me twice shame on me. Mike
I'll ahve to remamber next time I drop the kids off at the pool to check and see if they sink or swim.
gee, where's goof on a thread like this? something must be wrong...
I think I've got it figured out.  Whenever we get 3-4 days past a full moon we have a 'poopy thread'. Just a coincidence??
forgot, I'm with Chevy on this with a few minor qualifications, should be floating, a good coil, the shape of a banana is fine with me...oh, and texturally perfect! which means smooth...in the middle brown shades...I think I've covered everything...
I hope youre giving credit where credit is due in ascribing to "moi" the term "poopy thread." Accolades like this are hard to come by...
I'm on therapy.  I'll check it out for you and report back tomorrow.  To the best of my knowledge, my poop hasn't been floating.
I'm reminded of the famous quote: "The stool speaks, the wise man listens" Mike
your funny.
Ya know - My Doc told me about an Aussie study where they determined patients who consistently coil clockwise have higher chances at SVR. They attempted to duplicate the study locally, but couldn't. Then they realized the equator needs to be added to the equation to make things equal. Turns out, coiling clockwise in the Southern hemisphere is a good predictor of SVR, but up North we want ours to coil counter clockwise. I now have a tracking calendar prominently posted by my bowl. Do you?  

Forsee - any commentary on the ones that leave the skid marks on the porcelain? Am I eating too much peanut butter?

And what about the taper? Reasonably blunt, or a longer, less severe end point? And odor? Don't the Chinese traditionally diagnose using odor?
naaaaaah....
Rocker! Dude! I am surprised at you! Do you not know that poop observation is an exellent barometer of overall health? Indeed, the Chinese add *odor* to the equation..and as interested as I am in all things related to this topic ..alas...I must admit I have my own limitations...in any case, I feel that Mr.Goofy brings up some excellent points, tapered as they are!
A POOP thread, well i never. Well i did a little while ago. But i think goofs peanut butter theroy needs more studys done. Just don't see the connection there.
mine is white;glows in the dark;hums in unison and would float up outa the bowl if i didn't promptly close the lid......also,does Not stink!
my dad told me the reason that he doesn't eat much meat is because when he was a young scamp (he's 98 now) he hung out with a band of gypsies (not the Hendrix group) and he was amazed by the fact that their poop did not stink because they ate a mostly veggie diet...the image of him squatting around smelling those people's poop is what haunts me still...very traumatic for me - hearing that as a kid...
Was this your normal conversation at the dinner table? Would he stand outside the stall and rush in before it was to late? And why would he want to know? Help me here forseegood, this could last a thread or two. GOOF where are you?
why do you think I have so many problems?
Could you imagine telling your doctor why you have these flashbacks everytime you use the bathroom? I think that might even be enough for them to keep me. BTW, do you ever have the urge when your in a womens or mens bathroom stall to rush in?
we are not adding the log drops and the two pounders to this equation, I hope.
Sometimes the weight of the hanging load is just too much -- rendering two-thirds of the banana in the bowl, with the final  third yet to be delivered to the light of day. Is this a big problem?

What about the ones that eject cleanly, but are imediately followed by a smaller payload of similar caliber and consistency? Worrisome do you think?

We are so lucky to have the Princess of Poo available to 'weigh in' on these matters. Thanks for being you.
look, it's simple, if you have a light, clean cobra, first time, every time, youre battin a thousand, probably a perfect ratio of fats to fiber, etc...failing that, it gets into complicated logarithms, too many, too tiny, too superfluous, consistency issues, the mind boggles...but what the hay? we do what we can...and the terrible truth is, I'm only half kidding...you decide which half...
i am intriqued by your dad's experiences w/ gypsys(not there poop)....sounds like great storys,i am fascinated by nomad existence& their ancient culture...tell me more!
hey chevygal,hope all's good w/ yu&yours..
sounds like my dad and your dad did some partyin...actually, the 20's and 30's are really interesting decades to me...for all we know, maybe we were there? ha ha
Ha , the nomad route might be the way to go . No bills, no gas to buy, sounds pretty good to the dyce here!
My ole pap, born in 1907 dead now, told me story or 2 about tke gypsies. Said it wasn't nuthin to see em roastin stolen chickens over a home made spit out in the middle of nowhere. That was back in th e 20's, alot simpler than thease days.
hey, I've always been interested in nomadic cultures too, from the anarchists in Spain (though they stayed put, though they share a lot of the customs)to whatever. The most interesting I've seen is the Bedouin in Morroco, though I don't know if I'd go there now...

all I can say is it must be nice not to have to pay bills...ha ha
This thread was the sh**!