Fluocinonide Cream for Itching???
I'm really going crazy with the itching... Have tried Witch Hazel, Benedryl cream, Hydrocortazone cream, and most recently the Gold Bond cream, which seemed to work the best for a short time.( Gold Bond powder didn't help at all) Now none seem to be working...  A co-worker brought me in some cream called FLUOCINONIDE CREAM USP 0.05%.  Does anyone know of this cream - of its safety while on treamtment?  Any other suggestions for itching? It is actually keeping me awake at night.
Thank you!
fela
I started using the Fluocinonide cream just two days ago and I am seeing great results.  Google it and it will give you all the info on it.  I am very satisfied so far.  It seems to be working great!
Oh thanks for posting that! I was trying to remember the name of that stuff.

Gold Bond mostly works for me, but I have a couple of spots that are awful, last time I treated, they gave me that and it worked well on the spot!

The minute I finished tx dandruff appeared - something I've never had in my life.  Rubbing my head created a snow storm - it was kinda fun actually.  But I certainly didn't want it to continue, so the dermatologist gave me a fluocinide shampoo as well as a fluocinide scalp treatment that was used overnight (covered by a shower cap, unless you want an oily pillow).  It took a while, but it worked.

Also, for whatever it's worth, I used all sorts of steroid skin creams throughout tx and nonetheless achieved SVR despite a significantly shortened duration of tx (13 weeks for geno 2).  For me, Gold Bond provided immediate relief but only for an hour or two.  The steroids really eliminated most of the itchies.
They have it for your head also? My scalp is terrible,  Sometimes out of the corner of my eye i can see the "snow" falling!
The shampoo is called Capex, and the name of the overnight goopy stuff is Derma-Smoothe/FS.  They're both by prescription, not OTC.
man, I'm glad I have a maven on this stuff living only 2 miles away from me! I'm glad, but you might not be in a little while, lol....lovely weather huh?
Thanks a million, I have  a GI apt tomorrow, going to ask him for a script.

I had itching on head, ears, back and legs, been going on for years now, tried elocon, and avantin fatty ointment, nothing working.  Went to hospital and saw a demratologist, and I have Lichen Simplex Chronicus, and they gave me Diprosone cream for it.
They couldnt tell me the cause etc, but say it is from excessive chronic itching which makes it spread etc.
I googled it when I got home and the primary cause is Pruritis which is associated with hepatitis C.
Does anyone else have this problem.?
That is how I found I had Hep C, from a dematologists. I kept getting this rash!
He never actually diagnosed it, but I did  and that is what I came up with also!    

Hasn't bothered me in a ling while,  I found tylenol would aggravate it.   I still have one spot while txing on my hip that drives me nuts.

The dry scalp and skin is from the riba,  

Deb
Hi, thanks for reply, I also found some medical studies in relation to hep c AND lichen simplex chronicus, looks like I will have to educate the dermatologist on symptoms of hep c and pruritis.
It astonishes me that they dont know any of this.
I had the riba rashes etc when on the tx in 2004, nightmare.
Cheers

Linda
Agrees and yet almost website about rashes  and Hepc  talks about it.  Last time I mentioned it to a GI he was like, oh yeah!  

It does me also , those are the areas where I think we need to help them!

I sometimes think they do not really care!  Last GI I went to pre this one, I asked him about Effexor, telling him last time I found I really needed them.     He told me to go talk to my primary care doc.  Now it is the drugs he was giving me why I needed it!  

Found a new Doc

Deb
I've caught poison ivy.  The local doctor prescribed Fluocinonide Cream USP, 0.05%.  Prior to that, I used everything under the sun and over the counter but until I used this cream, nothing worked.  

The cream is a miracle, the rash caused by the poison ivy was under control in a day of use and the speed by which this ointment worked is nothing like I've encountered.  A true miracle in a tube.

The doctor gave me the Fluocinonide .1 for my eczema autoimmune rashes that sprang up later in treatment.  Because the rash was on my face I could only use it for two weeks at a time or it would begin to eat my skin off.

I don't know about the .05% but as long as it's not on your face I suppose it's ok.  Just keep an eye on it.
Fluocinonide (Fluonex, Lidex, Lidex-E, Lonide, and Lyderm) [1] is a potent glucocorticoid steroid used topically as anti-inflammatory agent for the treatment of skin disorders such as eczema. It relieves itching, redness, dryness, crusting, scaling, inflammation, and discomfort.

Fluocinonide comes in ointment, cream, solution, and gel in various strengths for use on the skin. It usually is applied two to four times a day. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Use fluocinonide exactly as directed. Do not use more or less of it or use it more often than prescribed by your doctor. Do not apply it to other areas of your body or wrap or bandage the treated area unless directed to do so by your doctor.

Wash or soak the affected area thoroughly before applying the medicine, unless it irritates your skin. Then apply the ointment, cream, solution, or gel sparingly in a thin film and rub it in gently.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>To use the solution or gel on your scalp, part your hair, apply a small amount of the medicine on the affected area, and rub it in gently. Protect the area from washing and rubbing until the solution or gel dries. You may wash your hair as usual but not right after applying the medicine.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>Avoid prolonged use on the face, in the genital and rectal areas, and in skin creases and armpits unless directed by your doctor.<<<<<<<<<<<
For the regular riba rash..............I would advise sticking to the Gold Bond several times a day beacuse this other stuff is pretty heavy duty and you don't want to use it for long.
SJL
I have tried everything mentioned above as I have had hives religiously for many many years. I really think looking back that- that would have been my only clue as to carrying Hep C. I have been on all prescription meds also.I have found that Aloe Vera Burn Relief Spray with Lidocaine works the best. They have all brands, all different prices. I started with the most costly and I have found out that Walgreens brand is as good as the rest. I hope that this can help you also.
SJL
I know I had lichen plantus before tx. It effected my legs, arms and crotch. Awful stuff. I have scars on my legs to prove it. It went away on tx. Seemed to affect my hair, like ingrown hairs. I went to the Derm Dr. who did nothing for it, except some script that only temporarily helped it. I seemed to move from one spot to the next. ONly after tx did my hair begin to return to normal on my body. I didn't get it in my scalp, but most extremities. Really strange stuff. I am now getting little bump like rashes on my arms, and inner thighs. I now is only on my right arm. I am wondering if my cat gave me poison oak!  she lies on this side...dunno, but it drives me nutz!

linda
Good luck to you all finding the right product to help your rashs. I tried Gold Bond Ultimate Healing skin therapy lotion....it worked wonders for me!  Seemed to dry up the rash...now I'm not awake all night scratching.....still awake all night but no scratching!

best wishes...Darla
I did the tx in 2004, had the rash in head before this for a few years, a nervous condition I thought, but now years later, on and off I have this other rash on body, used Diprosone Cream, and it has got rid of it, but, now it is back and guess where......above pubic hair....lol, I was going to have a go at the boyfriend tonight but after reading your post I think it is probably the same old rash only a different area....(gawd)
Thanks for the info and for probably saving my ***

cheers
I get itching on my arms from a rash I can't see, but can feel..I would scratch until my arms would bleed..then have sores...Doc keeps saying its just Psoriasis..but nothing she gave me worked till I used Cyclocort 0.1% ..which is now called Triamcinilone 0.1%...works good ...but one thing I did do when I wanted to sleep & couldn't stop itching was take an ice cube & run it up & down your arm till it melts..Then put a cold wet washcloth on the place..till it quits itching...I usually fell asleep with it on my arm....but it did help.. My husband uses  Fluocinonide Cream & it works well.