Hepatitis C Community
For folks that were undetected at 2-4 weeks.

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

For folks that were undetected at 2-4 weeks. Did you continue to feel pain in the upper-right quadrant even after clearing virus. This is my 10th day on triple therapy with Riba/Peg Inf/ insivike.I still continue to feel some slight discomfort that comes and goes more like a dull ache. Could it be because of the change in my diet being that i have to consume 20gms of fat every 8 hours while taking Insivike or is it a sign indicating something else.

I am und at 4 weeks.  I do not have pain on a daily basis and never have.  I have had short term pains in that area including while on treatment. I also worried this might be a bad sign.  I am und though.  I have not had pain since the blood test so who knows whether it was the virus or that was already cleared.  Hope for the best, the odds are in your favor with the new tx.
turnbo
I really don't think the pain is related to clearing (or no clearing) the virus.  I know we have been told time and time again that the liver feels no pain.  However their could be some stain in the surrounding muscle, perhaps.  I suggest taking some tylenol on a regular basis but no more than 4000 mg per day  if not cirrhotic or 2000 mg if cirrhotic.

However, it is interesting that jasmine has a similar pain.  All I know is that these are very strong medicines.  Our own bodies have ramped up the immune system and the amount of liver inflammation should be decreasing.  However, they tell us we can't feel that.

frijole
You don't speak about the condition of your liver so it is hard to respond.  The viral infection itself is not painful but other organs could be affected.  So, as someone said, removing the virus won't take away the pain.  If your liver is inflamed then it would commence to heal but I think that would take time.  Still, these are some of the other contributors to pain in that area that I have experienced with a 40 year infection and little or no fibrosis:  gall bladder problems, leftover ouchiness from the biopsy which does go through the sac surrounding the liver which IS sensitive to pain and lasted for weeks, falling on my right side from my bike, while hiking etc. and #1 factor . . . gas.  
water- water -water   drink all you can!!!!
I had a liver biopsy done 2.5 years ago and no signs of fibrosis according to doc..On and off i began to feel mild aching. When i would exercise and eat fruits and drinks with powerful antioxidants the pain would go away. This was my remedy before i started treatment,it seemed to work.

I have been drinking water but will drink more if it would help.

Thanks all