Hepatitis C Community
Found out last thurs. animeia CBC 5.7

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Found out last thurs. animeia CBC 5.7

I did want to go the the emergency room because of ins. my doc. gave me iron b12 and c all in one , I have to take two three times a day and she took me off the pegasus and co peg. I'm felling better but still out of breath , I get my cbc shot on monday cant wait, I am so tired of being tired Thurs. my blood count was 5.7 My brother think I need a blood transfusion and I would feel better.  Has anybody have any ideas?  I am very depressed and ready to take a long walk out of here.  Thanks, Diane
If you mean you hemoglobin ins 5.7 I'm shocked that you can even type your question.  When mine went to 7.6 they wanted to transfuse me.  Have you asked for procrit (epogen) to get your red blood counts up?  Don't wait for Monday, call your doc and ask about procrit and/or a couple of units of blood.  Hgb that low is dangerous and can do lasting damage.  Get on the phone while you can sitll dial.  Good luck.

jd
that is low, procrit might help.  if you're getting a transfusion, get it from family member, someone you can trust.  just so you don't get any blood borne disease.

very best of luck to you